Lowest prices for your stay
US$196
Free cancellation until 14/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$196
Free cancellation until 14/12/22
Agoda.com
US$179
eDreamsUS$196
Trip.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Saw many rave reviews and decided to book this place for 2 nights. Can't say we were too comfortable during the nights.

Rooms were simple and rather old. Could hear the sounds from the next door through the thin walls. Bed was hard and I didn't sleep too well. Was mostly affected by the toilets, which didn't flush well. We had to use a small pail to pour water after using the toilet. The shower also had low water pressure.

On the positive side, the mountain view was beautiful. We could also see the mountains from our balcony and the cafe. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. We tried the steamboat dinner - was so so.

What I enjoyed most in this b&b - the many cats and dogs roaming freely in the gardens. One cat even came to my balcony. :)

But will I be back again? I don't think so.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Stayed for one night. Had our dinner and supper there. They provide free snacks for supper from 8-10pm. Breakfast is simple Chinese porridge and you can add your on condiments like peanuts, pork floss, pickled vegetables. Love their friendly service, treating you like part of their family. Easily accessible by car. There are many cats and also a duck in the garden which you can interact with. There is also a nice view from the small courtyard.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jazzmozart
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Booked wrong date upon arriving at Julie's. Luckily there was an empty room for us and the receptionist uncle rearranged our itinerary. He drove us to 青青草原 even thou we reached around 10+. Great service!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This is exactly what I look for when I stay in a minsu - warmth, the personal touch, cleanliness, and affordability. Julie's Garden is exactly that!

The rooms itself are pretty basic: we had 2 rooms, one for 3 pax and another for 4 pax. Our rooms were just above the main lobby/ eating area. Each room has a comfy double bed, and an extra space covered with tatami mat for a futon or two (depending on number of pax). The rooms are really clean, despite it being in the mountain area. I expected a little dust in corners but they are really clean. The bed is comfy, the futon is pretty thick but it wasn't too comfy for me as I am pregnant so I slept on the bed the next night, and asked for an extra pillow, which the lady boss gladly passed me. The decor of the room is quite japanese, with a small table and tea sets and a kettle provided too.

Bathrooms are also clean with towels provided. Our bathroom had a problem of water leaking out from beneath the shower partition, so we feedback to the lady boss and she passed us extra floor mats, and said that they will fix it because the previous contractor didn't do a good job.

Our room had a really nice balcony as well with a huge cocoon-like swing, which the resident cat likes to snooze on it. :P But the balcony was great, made me feel like going out there every morning to see the fantastic view and breath the fresh air!

The downside of being very close to nature also means that you need to accept a bit of insects. Though my mum liked the place, she complained about mosquitoes. We had a few "visitors" on the first night too eg flying moths to the lamp, but I guess that's the way it is in the mountains! Ask for a 蚊香片 to place in the electric mosquito thing, which will hopefully keep the mozzies away. Guess city-dwellers like us are just not too used to this.

We really warmed up to the place on the 2nd day only (we stayed 2 nights) when we got back to the minsu earlier due to the rain. We had hotpot dinner there, and realised it was only 199TWD! The staff told us that they don't earn, and it's really just a service for their guests. I requested for more meat, and they were so kind to give me an extra portion without charge! They also had snacks and tea for supper. My kids loved the snacks so much that when we wanted to pack some in a box the next morning, they so kindly obliged!

There were cats, a dog, a goose there too, and my kids absolutely loved it!

The lady boss and other staff were all really friendly and warm, it was really nice and I wished we had more time to interact with them. We will definitely stay here again if we were to return to Cingjing!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mikayap
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Location was not really good as there were no footed path back to the homestay. My parents were unable to wait till 5.30pm for the homestay car to bring us back since we took a redeye flight and went straight up to Cingjing. We left Green Green Grassland in less than 30 mins and walked down via sky walk to Carton King. We approached a cab driver there and he quoted NTD200 to send us back at 2.30pm.
Stayed in room 105 and Old English Manor can be seen clearly from the balcony. Love the view but not for the flies which were everywhere in Cingjing. Hence did not really want to open the door to the balcony as I worried moths and flies would come into the room.
The rooms were quite dated especially the bathroom. WC had a really weak flush and they pasted a sign not to throw papers into the toilet bowl. Despite following the instructions, flush still did not work well. One of the towels in the room was stained with spots (or blood?) and I did not notice after drying my son with it...Brought the towel to the reception area and they apologised and gave me a new clean towel shortly.
Not really for the fussy as the curtains and sofa also looked dusty and old.
Enjoyed the breakfast though it was just a simple traditional Taiwan porridge but dishes were tasty and they also served white bread with butter and jam etc.
Resident dogs and cats will give surprise visits at the balcony or outside your door. My son loves the golden retriever as it reminds of ours who passed away a few years back.
WiFi was quite smooth and fast too.
Overall quite an enjoying stay minus the dated bathroom and weak flush.

Date of stay: May 2018