Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch
  • Restaurant
US$66
US$51
Trip.com
Beauty Hotels Taipei - Beautique(Shilin)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$52
Agoda.com
UiNN Business Hotel(Shilin)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$66
US$92
US$69
US$84
US$73
Priceline
Chientan Youth Activity Center(Shilin)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Restaurant
US$163
US$151
Agoda.com
All reviewsshilin night marketamerican schoolviolin playertianmu branchnational palace museumsmall hotelfree laundrylaundry roomnearest mrtfamily roomtaxi ridemos burgerbreakfast buffetself service laundryclean roomswashers and dryersbooked this hotel
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I found this hotel outstanding in all respects.
PROS:
Impeccably clean.
Outstanding service, the staff were extremely friendly, courteous, knowledgeable gave excellent local restaurant and site seeing tips. Thier communication skills and level of English were high.
(especially Cindy and her supervisor).
Breakfast, Always varied, fresh, enjoyable and good Chinese and western dishes.
Free Laundry, Washing and clothes drying facility, great service when travelling.
Good Location, Although not in the centre of downtown which I was initially worried about, I found the location very good with lots of interesting cafes and restaurants. Close to Shelin Night markets, Palace museum, Beito hot springs. 15 min walk to mrt and dept stores.
Great drop off service to Airport
Free Tea and coffee with free snacks
CONS,
The only downside is having to check out of this lovely hotel and leaving Taipei.
I will surely be back and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
MaggieChen1108, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest greeting from Dandy Hotel Tian Mu Branch and thank you for your kind comment. It is wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed your stay, and the compliment on the services and surroundings means a lot to us. Dandy Hotel Tian Mu Branch staffs are always very gracious, hoping to do more than what our guests expect us to and give you a very wonderful accommodation experience with us. Your support has been shared with all the departments and it shall motivate them continuing to deliver a high level of service.

Once again, we appreciated your valuable feedback and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Despite the location is a bit far away from downtown (for me, I have to take Taxi every time when I go out), the overall experience of staying in this hotel is very good. The major reason is not about the facilities, not about the location, it’s all about the people. The staffs are able to provide assistance whenever they can and try their best to make your stay easier. The room is well-equipped as well.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MaggieChen1108, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest greetings from Dandy Hotel Tian Mu Branch and thank you for your kind comment. It is our pleasure to welcome you and we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback so that we may deliver a high level of service in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

The staff at this hotel are very attentive and extremely helpful (even before you arrive), definitely cannot fault the service received . The rooms are clean and spacious enough.It is located in quite a nice area although it is quite far from downtown Taipei, which is the main reason I have deducted a point. (there is however a metro station within walking distance) so the location is not terrible

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott T
鈺麟 黃, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear valued guest:

Thank you so much for choosing the Dandy Hotel-Tianmu Branch for your recent stay and sharing your experience with all TripAdvisor viewers. The location of this cozy hotel is quite unique in Taipei City. It is not far from many interesting sites and yet a safe quiet neighborhood.

Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you back when your travel plan brings you back to Taipei. We all look forward to introduce you more lovely places to visit!

Yours faithfully,

Allen Huang
Assistant Manager, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Reviewed 8 October 2017

There’re plenty world-class hotels but you can’t find one beating the service of this small hotel near Zhishan MRT station (five minutes’ ride by taxi, or on foot if you have an energetic daughter like mine).

Honestly, I didn't know the meaning of "dandy" without before finding this hotel. Once I booked this hotel, I know I know what "dandy" means without referring to the dictionary. And you will, too.

When I booked Dandy Hotel, I was surprised to receive a phone call from the front desk, checking that everything is fine with me. I had question about booking train from Taipei to Hualein, and got the quickest answer by simply sending an email.

I was reassured the great value when I arrived: Free WiFi, free self-service laundry and drying, and the best of all, smile on the face of each hotel staff. Oh yes, there is free coffee at the lobby during night time. I enjoyed bringing a novel there when I was having laundry.

Our family stayed at Dandy Hotel first and then returned after Hualien visit. After taking a three-day trip to Hualien, my daughter could not wait to come back and enjoy the pleasant Dandy Hotel. We were amazed to find the different decoration (with the theme of tea) on different floors when we were checked into a new room on another floor. The immediate reaction, as you might have guessed, is to explore all different floors and enjoy the whole building with my daughter. And I agree with my daughter that coming back to Dandy is the best choice.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ckm818
MaggieChen1108, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Everything about the Dandy is easy, from check-in to check out, everything you need is attended too. Will stay there every time. Ironing board in your room if requested, free snacks and soft drinks in the room, great services.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business