Lowest prices for your stay
US$60
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
US$60
Expedia.comUS$60
Booking.comUS$60
eDreamsUS$60
All reviews laundry room train station nice hotel spacious bathroom extensive breakfast buffet half an hour long stay western food night market taoyuan floor department gym japanese refreshments varieties bakery
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

good for business trip. the room has a working table. they even give the guest a smartphone to use while staying there until checkout. u can make local and international call free of charge. vip lounge also can be use for meeting purpose

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
翰品酒店桃園, 總經理 at Chateau de Chine Hotel Taoyuan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Ęzam K:

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. Your review is really important to us as we strive to provide the best service to our guests.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The staff was great and very helpful in every way. Our room was very spacious and luxurious, which made the stay very comfortable. Amenities were very nice, you couldn’t ask for better. We absolutely loved staying here and hope to return when we come back to Taiwan!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear vivevew:

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Chose this hotel because its one of the top choices for hotels in Taoyuan. Personally, I think the location is quite convenient, just a 5-10 minutes walk from the Taoyuan railway station.

Honestly we were in Taoyuan to see if there are interesting places for us to visit that we might have missed from guides / tripadvisor, but there really isn't much to do here, I would recommend just a short few days trip here, as you can more or less visit the nice scenery places in a day or two.

For food wise, there's a bakery just directly opposite of the hotel and the cakes are quite nice and the store is actually quite popular among the locals there. Strongly recommend to try the cakes in the store (佳樂精緻蛋糕專賣店). There is another bakery that the cakes are quite nice, that is about a 5 minutes walk down the street, the cakes are quite rich albeit pricey though. (Donutes Coffee).

Scenery places include Xiaowulai waterfall, Daxi street, Cihu, and to get there, you will have to get the bus ticket in the Taoyuan Bus station that is just a 15-20 minutes walk.

And again, the bus station is walkable distance from the hotel, so all in all, the location is actually quite convenient.

Services wise, I saw that there's quite a number of bad reviews on the services and that is quite surprising, my friend and I had received warm welcome from them, the staff at the main door came down to help carry our luggage, and they also rushed to open the door for us whenever we are leaving / coming back to the hotel. Staff could speak well in both English and Chinese, and they were helpful as they helped us to find the buses to reach our destinations.

The laundry services are free of charge in the hotel, and there usually isn't many people using it, so it's good in terms of this, free laundry detergent were provided.

However, I couldn't remember much about the room qualities, which likely means that it was okay, not too bad and not too good, I don't remember about having any bad experience staying in this hotel though. So I think it's still value for money and worth staying

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank MirlZ
翰品酒店桃園, 經理 at Chateau de Chine Hotel Taoyuan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear MirlZ:

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I'll start this by saying, the room was very nice. Nice comfortable bed, and bidet toilet with heated toilet seat. The bathroom had both a tub and shower and I was in Taiwan on a layover after a ten hour flight. I didn't realize when I went into the bath that there were no towels and no amenities. I was in the tub, then looked for the soap. I thought maybe the housekeeper had forgotten to stock it, so I got some shampoo from my travel kit and used that as shampoo. I rested into the tub and then started to realize that there were no towels except for the bath mat. I used that to dry off a little and phone the front desk. She informed me that my "package" did not include towels or amenities. She said she could send one up but that I would be charged for it. Mind you, this was not a cheap hotel. I thought at US 80, it is not considered "no frills". I did become angry and said it was unacceptable, that I had never heard anything like this, that it was a terrible policy. I threatened a bad review. She finally agreed to send me "one" towel free of charge. I am still writing this bad review because I think people should be aware of this situation so that it doesn't happen to them.

Date of stay: January 2018
3  Thank DianeAoki
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Overall this is a pretty nice hotel for foreign travelers in Taoyuan. I had a decent stay on a recent business trip and given the slim selection of hotels in Taoyuan, I would recommend the Chateau de Chine.

Pros:
The service is attentive and friendly including restaurant staff, front desk staff, and porters. Most are reasonably bilingual so communication was not an issue during my stay. The bathrooms are very large and have a separate tub and standing shower. Pretty good breakfast buffet at Ca Va with a mix of Western and Chinese selections. Nice business center with workstations and plenty of seating, as well as, Coffee and water available. Relatively close to the airport and high speed rail station in Taoyuan.

Cons:
The rooms are just okay. Bedding is not the most comfortable and the doors between ajoining rooms can make for loud noise at times from the adjacent room. A safe would also be a welcome addition. Ca Va dinner selection is lacking (only 4 options available) and the hotel lacks any sort of bar or alcohol selection whatsoever. Gym opens at 7 but should be earlier or just 24-7 to keep it simplest for folks who need to get to work early.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TyLocke
翰品酒店桃園, 總經理 at Chateau de Chine Hotel Taoyuan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear TyLocke: