Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 13/03/21
Booking.comUS$69
Expedia.comUS$56
eDreamsUS$69
All reviews breakfast buffet room was clean excellent location three nights high speed railway station living room department desk gym toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We stayed at the hotel last year. It was a nice surprise. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to stay at Tao Garden again this time. And were we disappointed! The two rooms we stayed at were as nice as last year. Very clean and pretty spacious (especially if you get two twin beds rather than two full-sized beds). Nice sound proof so we never heard anything from adjacent rooms. It did at times get noisy in the corridor. Also if you stay in even-numbered rooms, it can be noisy as the even-numbered side faces Fu-xing Road. I recommend asking for higher numbered rooms and odd numbered rooms so that they are away from the elevator and facing the back road.

What we really disliked this time was how some of the guests violated the no-smoking rule and smoked in their rooms. Apparently this hotel caters to large tour groups from other parts of Taiwan and Asia. Many of them ignored the many "no smoking" signs posted around the hotel. It was horrible. Cigarette smell was so strong in the corridor it was disgusting. The smell also came in to our rooms through the venting system. Our second room was clearly occupied by smokers before we checked in. When we complained to the front desk, the person told us there was nothing they could do, which was very disappointing. We are not sure if we would stay at this hotel again next time.

Room tip: odd-numbered and higher-numbered rooms are quieter since they face the back road and away from the elevators.
Date of stay: April 2017
2  Thank artzero
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Stayed here for a night before heading to the airport the next day.

The hotel's location is great! Right in the center of the city, near to Taoyuan Train Station, lots of shops and food around.

The hotel's front entrance is a little inconvenient, because it's a busy main road and there's a bus stop right near the main entrance; there isn't a recessed area where you can leisurely load/unload stuff from your transport. When I arrived, my taxi had to stop more than 10 meters away from the entrance because the bus stop was crowded and a bus was approaching. There didn't seem to be any bellman around to help unload your luggage, so you're on your own.

I arrived early so I couldn't actually check-in, but they did get all the arrangements done and stored my luggage so that I could go out and do other stuff. When I came back at 3pm (official check-in time), there was nothing much to do except to sign on the check-in document.

My room was on the 8th floor, facing away from the main street and towards the train station. The room was clean, modern, spacious, surprisingly quiet (probably because it wasn't near the main street), well lit. The view from the room wasn't fantastic but wasn't bad either: the other buildings around were shorter so I could see out further (beats having to stare at another building).

They provided some fruits in the room, which was a pleasant surprise.

Temperature control in the room was non-functional. The outside temperature was about 14 degrees Celsius (which was kind of cold for me) and the room felt cold. The air conditioning unit had several modes: cooling, heating, fan, dehumidifying. I wanted to heat up the room but the heating mode doesn't seem to work, with the other modes the room temperature felt cold (the indicator reads 22 degrees), so eventually I had to just switch the unit off, which then meant no ventilation and the room got stuffy after a while.

The Bathroom only had one switch, which control both the bathroom light and the ventilation fan. The bathroom felt really cold and uncomfortable while I was in it, because as the fan draws air out, more cold air from the outside came in. It would have been better if there were separate controls for the light and ventilation fan.

Internet access speed was quite good through their free Wifi. The variety of TV channels available was good too.

There were many food places around the hotel, so getting meals wasn't a problem.

When I booked the hotel, the website that I booked with indicated that the hotel provides transport to the airport. The front desk told me that they don't provide transport, but could book a taxi (larger, roomier one) for me for NT$550. I found out from the driver that if I were to hail a regular taxi (i.e. the smaller ones) it would have cost about NT$500 to the airport (charged according to the meter), which was not much difference and made the roomier taxi a good deal. The alternative is to get on a public bus to the airport, which would be more time consuming.

Overall this would be a nice hotel to stay in, if the air-conditioning in the room were better.

Room tip: Ask for room on higher floor, facing south.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RLmEC
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Nice hotel with well maintained rooms. The fitness center was had 2 treadmills and and some other cardio machines. Did not managed to try the breakfast as I had an early flight. Had some food stores within walking distance, so I would say location was fine.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We normally stay at Chateau de Chine, Taoyuan since we have always a great experience there , but this year the rooms were all booked up for our 12 day stay in Taiwan, so we decided to try Tao Garden Hotel. My parents also mentioned this hotel to us before as good option, so we just gave it a try. We booked online via Expedia 20 days prior our stay. Total was only $1,163.37 for the 11 nights including taxes. We booked a superior room with free breakfast, parking, and Wi-Fi. The hotel is located on a very busy street and doesn’t have designated drive up or check in area front of the hotel entrance for unloading and loading guest’s luggage and you must compete with city buses and tour buses to get close to hotel entrance. This is very inconvenient for guests arriving from the airport, especially that there was no bellman to assist with our luggage either. We were satisfied with our room, though since it mini suite style layout with the bed separated slightly from the sitting and bathroom area . The bathroom is tight and small. The shower area is decent and remodeled in last few years with modern with mirror illusion theme. Bed is comfy. The buffet breakfast was just okay ,though, and had some issues. You select your own table and sit yourself, which fine on some days but most days were very busy with large tourists groups from Korea and China and the empty dirty tables were not cleared. Breakfast selections are almost the same each day with little variety. We did enjoy the fried eggs, though which you order from the main chef which were excellent. Service at the restaurant was inconsistent or poor for the first few days of our stay, but we did notice that they tried to improve each day. Steamed buns, chicken nuggets, sautéed cabbages and sautéed Chinese veggies were very delicious. Fruit selections were very limited, but we loved pineapples and papayas when they had them available. The Coffee machine needed a lot of maintenance every single day, but they were prompt to do adjustment once machine not working properly. This was annoying to my husband who had to ask the attending to refill or maintain the machine almost every single day before he could have a cup of coffee. The Restaurant manager and main chef were friendly and attentive. For our room stay, the housekeeping was somewhat inconsistent. A few times they seemed to be hurry and forgot to stock up our shower gel, shampoos... and misplaced our pillows. The hotel is very generous on 2 free bottled water and three fruits daily. Requesting housekeeping items were always very prompt and impressive. They did have good quality of iron and iron board which my husband was very impressed by. The hotel location is very close to the train station with 5 minute walk to 3 department stores. Hotel is very convenient to small food places, restaurants, bakery store, convenient stores, fast food stores such as KFC and McDonalds. Also close to some banks where have ATM. The drawback is a lot noisy at night for people who have hard time to fall asleep, especially if your room faces the front side of hotel . Also, the business lounge was not being maintained, and coffee maker was out of order every day in business lounge. We used the gym twice, one time gym randomly closed at 7:30 pm instead of 10:00 PM. Internet service was always very fast and did not require daily log and validation so that was a big plus that allowed my husband to have conference calls and demos no problem with his clients. On the final day , we requested late check out, they charged $300NT ( US $3.00) from 12pm to 2pm which was ok to us rather than just say no like other hotels . Overall , this hotel has a lot of potential but needs improvement in service and consistency . It's not our first choice, but it still made our stay okay.

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank MandC0218
Reviewed 2 January 2017

this is the first hotel of our 7 night tour of Taiwan. We got to Taiwan 4 night prior staying in Taipei, so we were on our own as far as getting transportation from Taipei to Taoyuan for this hotel. It was easy to find as it was about 3 blocks from the Taoyuan train station.

On our arrival, they were doing some renovation to the lobby, so that was a bit loud. After setting in, we went exploring the surrounding with many shops and stores of all kind, which was not expecting. The room was nice as we had a nice view of the city.

Room tip: we got the 3rd floor, which I think it's for the tour group. Would recommend higher floor if possible.
Date of stay: December 2016