Lowest prices for your stay
US$29
Priceline
US$25
FindHotel
US$23
Hotels.comUS$29
Orbitz.comUS$29
TravelocityUS$29
All reviews single room definitely stay here again solo hostels shower taipei convenience mrt
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2018

First of all, the location of the hotel, especially the main one, is less than 10-minute walk from Ximen station, around 5-minute walk to the bus stops, and just across the Ximending night market, which is so lively and full of interesting streets with a lot of shops and different varieties of famous food.This makes the hotel an excellent place to stay when visiting Taipei since Ximen station is just a stop from the Taipei Main Station.

The hotel has a small receiving area but showcases a variety of tokens, displays, and decorations such as a big teddy bear by the door, postcard stamps that one can use, flowers on the outside, pastel-colored walls, and other cute items on the tables and ledges.

We were assigned to their other hotel which is just a couple of minutes walk further. Our room was kinda tiny with double-deck bed. A small table and 2 chairs could still fit in the room but there was no other space to put our things. That was the only problem. All the other rooms we saw were more spacious so I think it is best to check and request if the room is too small for you.

This room was also beside the road so noise could be heard in the room although we were on a higher level. In addition, the room is located outside the Emergency Exit door, which I find it a little bit weird. The room is also beside the laundry area so guests would have to pass by our room all the time. The entire hotel is okay, one just have to choose a good room.

The common toilets and shower area were a little small but we did not mind. Sinks were also available outside for washing.

Free coffee was available (I think most of Taiwan offer this) and a small kitchen was for everyone's use. There is also a living room for those who want to work or just chill.

The hostel is secure with a coded main door to pass through.The ambiance of the hotel is cozy because of the light, pastel colors around.

WiFi was also stable and guests have the freedom to relax in all the common areas of the hotel.

Room tip: Request for a room not near the laundry area or Emergency Exit door
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank fotourista
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Once hostels in Taipei were grungy and expensive, now you can get some good deals. Do your research and book in advance to get the best deals. Try the TW Hostel Taipei 1st Branch, it's not bad. It's also in a good area for things to do.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The place was pretty cozy. I booked the private room with private bathroom. My bed was big enough for me. Although the bathroom can be very small but I don’t mind. I pretty much enjoyed my stay at TW Hostel. And also the staff was very accommodating for every question that I had, she was very helpful. The location is pretty near to Ximending like 3 minutes away and also to the bus stop. The nearest station is Ximen which is like 5 minutes away. When I go back to Taipei, I’d for sure stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
3  Thank James K
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Although I have just stay one night there, the environment was great and I will chose to stay there next time. The toilet and the showering room was separated. Which is clean and comfort. Hair dryer, shower gel, shampoo, clean towel was provided. The bed was cozy. The hostel also provide coffee and drinking water. The location was great with lot of shops and restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank 139meredithc
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Nice hostel to stay!!! Great location and staff there Good environment and location..... their bathroom is small but clean, their bed is wide enough for two persons!! Highly recommend every back pack traveller to here!

Date of stay: February 2017