Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$41
Booking.comUS$178
eDreamsUS$178
TravelocityUS$160
All reviews children playground hot springs hotel room pools gym taoyuan
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Hotel was huge and had a very nice, big garden beside the banquet hall. There was a huge indoor hotspring pool area that also offered water therapies as well as a big water playground for the kids. Right outside there were a few hotspring pool with different water temperature. Additionally, there was a children playground which was great for family with kids. I wasn't sure of the size because I did not go in but my nephew and nieces enjoyed it. There was also a candy floss pushcart at the hotel lobby which thrilled the children.

Our room was spacious and had 2 hot spring bathtubs. It was so comfortable that we felt like we could just stay in the room all day and not go out. Dinner and breakfast were provided and it was buffet style. The variety was not bad and i particularly enjoyed the hot noodle soup.

Location was great if you like the quietness and peace. It was not near city centre or any shopping malls.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I've stayed at South Garden multiple times in the past few years, and my family just can't get enough! My daughter loves the indoor pool/jet stream area, and my husband and I love that there is hot springs in each hotel room. There is also a children's play area, sauna, gym, and other recreational activities- no shortage of things to do for a weekend getaway. As for the food, my favorite is the Chinese restaurant (beef stew noodles, soup dumplings, scallion pancakes, etc). And the breakfast is also great with a wide variety of choices (vege from their own farm, radish cake, fresh made omelet, etc.) I would definitely recommend this resort to my family and friends!

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Purchased the dinner, breakfast and long slide package from the hotel. Because we were attracted by the hotel's long water slide on a green slope (a summer special activity). It was fun! Better yet, it's deserted coz other people are afraid of the hot hot sun.

Hotel is in the middle of nowhere. But facilities and activities were adequate to keep us occupied for 2 days. Pool was big. Had kid's slides. We spent hours in it. Onsen was big but run down. My small child had a lot of fun at the small playroom with 2 electric cars. I imagine any child older than 8 would find the playroom too babyish. Gym equipment was a bit old but there were lots of equipment. It was ok.

Hotel facilities served as a recreation club for local resident. In the onsen I was the only one who didn't know everybody else. Boy they were loud while they socialize. I got a headache with the echos and the laughs. When I emerged from the onsen, someone stole my towel. Mind you it's Japanese style where everybody was naked. A kind lady helped me get a fresh towel from reception after she got dressed. She told me you gotta guard your towel and bring it with you into the onsen!!!

Checkin was a bit unpleasant. We arrived early and there was no queue. We got served right away and were given room key cards early. That's great! Then the lady started firing instructions for meals, facilities, checkout in rapid Mandarin. Asked her to slow down and repeat, she rolled her eyes, repeated in fast but not machine-gun speed. Wanted to ask about special meal for my kids but didn't want to deal with her again and just left front desk. Figured we would ask other staff as we went along. In the end, I got the checkout time wrong coz I didn't catch all the rapid talk!

Room room was big but a bit bare. Had a big tub which my kids loved. Walls were yellow with age. Carpet was absolutely filthy. Chunks of dust all around. Shampoo and shower gel were really tiny bottles which weren't enough for 1 wash. We didn't bother to get more coz they smell funny. The pajama/yukata provided was worse. They weren't properly cleaned and had a funky smell. So amenities were generally unusable.

We ate a late lunch at the bar. The Taiwanese beef noodles were good but really expensive (a little less than TWD 400 per bowl). The English tea set was … well the pastry chef was not English. Between my husband and I, we couldn't finish half the set. The cakes were not good. But you can refill your drinks for free.

It was really windy which was perfect for flying a kite. We had great fun doing it.

My small child needed a nap after the fun in the pool and playroom. So I called down and asked when was the last time we could enter the restaurant. It was a buffet which open at 6 - 9 pm. The front desk lady said 8:30 latest. We entered the buffet at 8 pm. Restaurant was already deserted. Only 1 other table was eating. The lady at the reception barked “you wanna eat now? Do you have a meal ticket?” I handed in my meal tickets and she proceeded to stare daggers at us. Many trays were already empty and I asked the staff if they would replace the food. They all referred me back to the fierce lady. I asked her and finally one fresh tray of fried chicken was provided for us. It was yummy and sustained us until the next day. The rice, spaghetti were all gone. Vegetables were picked into a disastrous heap and the leftovers were cold. The noodle station as not manned and I had to ask the chef to come out. Surprisingly the noodles weren't good. But it's Taiwan! We tried cakes during lunch and knew better.

I approached the fierce lady and suggested I wanted to pay and order food for my children. They wanted basic food such as rice. She flat out refused and said this is it. That was 8:10 and that was the last time she talked to me. But she continued to stare at us while she talked to her staff.

Seriously the buffet was supposed to last till 9 pm. Is it so outrageous for a hotel guest to ask for food two-thirds of the way? More ridiculously I was willing to pay extra for it!

Breakfast provided beef noodles and we were easily pleased. The spread was similar to dinner. Which made breakfast seem a lot better. Funny my kids thought breakfast would be as bad as dinner and did not bother coming down.

After checkout, you could use your passport in exchange for a locker key and then continue to use the facilities. My kids were ecstatic we could continue to swim and play. We all agreed we could not stay for one more dinner though.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SOUTHGARDEN, 業者 at South Garden Hotels and Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hello waijgjy,
We appreciate you sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Southern Garden Hotels And Resort. We value your opinions and we are very sorry that you are disappointed and felt that our service was inconvenient. We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Please send us a PM via Facebook with your contact information. We hope to get in touch with you directly in order to learn more about the situation, for a better service in the future. We sincerely look forward to your reply!

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

The Room stood out with 2 huge king size bed. There is a spa inside the room with a window facing the city. The hotel is isolated from the city. At least 30 minutes to the city. Not advisable because it is extremely dark in the evening. Nice large indoor pool and great physical fitness gym. Breakfast was ok with local and a few western dishes. The special 8 course-dinner was among the best during our stay!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SOUTHGARDEN, 公關 at South Garden Hotels and Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Hi,BayAreaUSA ! Thank you for your rating! It’s through comments like yours and the knowledge that our valued guests enjoyed their stay with us that we are motivated to keep up the five-star service and strive to be even better. We enjoy being your home away from home here in Taoyuan and can’t wait to see you in next time !

Reviewed 12 March 2017

My room is on the fifth floor. With two twin beds , very minimum supplies of amenities and in room hot spring soaking tub.
However, the toilet has a very unpresent smell(it is clean, just smell bad) and shower head spray feel like needle.
Compared to other Onsen resorts in Japan that I stay before, I don't think it is worhty to paid this high price for such poor quality room.

Date of stay: March 2017