Lowest prices for your stay
US$86
Hotels.com
US$86
Trip.com
US$78
Booking.comUS$96
PricelineUS$94
ZenHotels.comUS$105
All reviews spring pool flower market taiwan dollars daan park rooms are comfortable housekeeping staff nearest mrt station star hotel taipei sauna concierge bathtub corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We went with another couple to this hotel for our 8th anniversary treat on 27th October. Check-in time was 3 p.m. and we wanted to swim because, although cloudy, it was a hot day.
The receptionist told us the beach - the section fronting the proprty is owned by the hotel - would close at 5 so we quickly dropped our bags, changed and headed down to the (dirty) beach.
My friend's husband and I headed straight into the sea and I was just thinking, "This is bliss!" when there was furious whistling from a man on the beach. I turned and he angrily gesticulated for us to get out of the water. In my fractured Mandarin I asked why and it was apparently too dangerous and 'cold'.
Undaunted we decided to try the hotel pool. It was about 1.2m but we could at least swim a few lengths. The four of us were all swimming away when another angry man came rushing out and told us to get out of the pool.
Reason? Bad weather and no life saver. We explained that a) it was hot, b) we're all good swimmers and c) two of us are trained lifesavers, but to no avail.
We disputed this and more un-smiling reinforcements were brought, along with an audience of unsmiling hotel staff.
I asked to see the manager. Ten minutes passed, then the first man returned with a young woman who not only smiled and was courteous but acknowledged that to Westerners, 26°C is NOT too cold too swim.
I doubt whether she could swim herself, but she stayed and watched over us to ensure our safety while we swam a few more lengths.
This whole episode, and the unplesssntmess of the beach life guard and hotel staff soured our stay, so although the room and food were OK we will not return there or recommend it.

Room tip: Don't go after 1 October. They think it's already winter despite the heat!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The staff is professional, attentive and speak great English. Check in and out is smooth, rooms are nicely appointed and clean. The room service food is very good, mini bar well stocked, and the breakfast buffet generous with two chefs to prepare eggs on request. The location is convenient for business and entertainment. This is my fourth stay with them for business travel and each stay has been a pleasure with reliably high standards, especially for the price.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 28 August 2012

this is a relatively new hotel with good service and great rooms. It is near the da-an district and business travelers as well as tourists can stay here and still have something to do. It is not very far from the city center and the lobby is okay. I stayed there with my family and we had a great time. It was in May 2010 that we last stayed in this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I've now stayed at this hotel six times. Initially it was for the location near meetings. I continue to chose this hotel for the warm service and great value. The rooms are very modern and tastefully designed. Very comfortable beds. The only drawback is lack of a complete gym -- there are a few cardio machines, but no weight machines. The covered outdoor lap pool is very nice and somewhat makes up for this.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank JRinChina
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I travel quite a lot for work, and I stayed here for work/holiday for over a week in May 2012. Personally I'd give it a 3.5 but have given it 4 because of the value.

The hotel is modern, clean and neat and I felt very safe here. No complaints about the room itself, it was a decent size, comfortable with all the usual amenities that you expect, including Wi-Fi. The hairdryer was average. The wardrobe size was decent, had a full bathtub and a big shower, flat screen tv etc. The floor (and the hotel in general) was quiet, just a bit of TV noise from an adjacent room one night. Free fresh fruit in the room every day and always cleaned well.

On arrival the check-in clerk was quite abrupt and rude (no smiles, it was around midnight), and there was an English language barrier. All the other staff were very friendly, particularly concierge who were more than happy to give us tips on where to go for a night out and local attractions, and while most of their English wasn't the best, they would try and find someone with better English to assist.

The hotel food is not great, breakfast in particular was quite miserable - cold bacon, watery eggs (even when made fresh), no great Asian offerings, but there's fruit, yoghurt, cereal and toast. The Lobby lounge/room service was average, service is a bit slow in the lounge. The Japanese restaurant is ok, not fantastic - better to go out for dinner. The buffet lunch had the usual offerings - nothing fantastic to talk about. The upside is, there's a 7-Eleven right next door which sells snacks and even alcohol. However there aren't any cafes or restaurants close by for a quick bite.

We had a two day group meeting (~40 people) in the large convention room, it was a good size, we had AV help when needed and the meeting ran smoothly.

While the hotel is not in a popular spot, it is value for money, it was cheap to get a taxi's to all touristy spots, the train is about 20 mins walk away, and all day tours will pick-up and drop-off from the hotel. Make sure you always go out with a hotel card as there are a few Fullon Hotels and taxi drivers don't really speak English and can get confused. Like travelling in most parts of the world, a smile and a few key words like hello and thank you go a long way.

Date of stay: May 2012