Lowest prices for your stay
US$86
Hotels.com
US$86
Trip.com
US$78
Booking.comUS$96
eDreamsUS$96
ZenHotels.comUS$105
All reviews spring pool flower market taiwan dollars daan park rooms are comfortable housekeeping staff nearest mrt station star hotel taipei sauna concierge bathtub corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2012

It is a good quality hotel, but the location is not very good. You have to walk at least 10-15min to the closest metro station. The surrounding environment is quiet, buti f you book a room facing the highway it may be a little loud. I would recommend to book a room which would be the opposite side of the main entrance. We switched rooms and had a very nice sleep. The breakfast menu is extremely rich and delicious. There are japanese and chinese diches. You can also see the Taipei 101 building from the windows of this hotel. Although, I would not book this hotel again I would try to search something closer to the city centre. We were staying here this November for 5 nights.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dnskcs
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We went with another couple to this hotel for our 8th anniversary treat on 27th October. Check-in time was 3 p.m. and we wanted to swim because, although cloudy, it was a hot day.
The receptionist told us the beach - the section fronting the proprty is owned by the hotel - would close at 5 so we quickly dropped our bags, changed and headed down to the (dirty) beach.
My friend's husband and I headed straight into the sea and I was just thinking, "This is bliss!" when there was furious whistling from a man on the beach. I turned and he angrily gesticulated for us to get out of the water. In my fractured Mandarin I asked why and it was apparently too dangerous and 'cold'.
Undaunted we decided to try the hotel pool. It was about 1.2m but we could at least swim a few lengths. The four of us were all swimming away when another angry man came rushing out and told us to get out of the pool.
Reason? Bad weather and no life saver. We explained that a) it was hot, b) we're all good swimmers and c) two of us are trained lifesavers, but to no avail.
We disputed this and more un-smiling reinforcements were brought, along with an audience of unsmiling hotel staff.
I asked to see the manager. Ten minutes passed, then the first man returned with a young woman who not only smiled and was courteous but acknowledged that to Westerners, 26°C is NOT too cold too swim.
I doubt whether she could swim herself, but she stayed and watched over us to ensure our safety while we swam a few more lengths.
This whole episode, and the unplesssntmess of the beach life guard and hotel staff soured our stay, so although the room and food were OK we will not return there or recommend it.

Room tip: Don't go after 1 October. They think it's already winter despite the heat!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The staff is professional, attentive and speak great English. Check in and out is smooth, rooms are nicely appointed and clean. The room service food is very good, mini bar well stocked, and the breakfast buffet generous with two chefs to prepare eggs on request. The location is convenient for business and entertainment. This is my fourth stay with them for business travel and each stay has been a pleasure with reliably high standards, especially for the price.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2012

this is a relatively new hotel with good service and great rooms. It is near the da-an district and business travelers as well as tourists can stay here and still have something to do. It is not very far from the city center and the lobby is okay. I stayed there with my family and we had a great time. It was in May 2010 that we last stayed in this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I've now stayed at this hotel six times. Initially it was for the location near meetings. I continue to chose this hotel for the warm service and great value. The rooms are very modern and tastefully designed. Very comfortable beds. The only drawback is lack of a complete gym -- there are a few cardio machines, but no weight machines. The covered outdoor lap pool is very nice and somewhat makes up for this.

Date of stay: August 2012