“Big and tasty beef noodle”
Review of Pin Chuan Lan

Pin Chuan Lan
Ranked #432 of 3,312 Restaurants in Da'an
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Second beef noodle I had in Taipei. We ordered beef noodle with big typed noodle. The soup base is yummy!
Do try their vegetables side dishes such as cucumber, fungus.

Water and condiments (chili and pickle) are served for free. This restaurant has a nice ambience, friendly service and air conditioning too!

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Found the place on CNN's list of best beef noodle soups in Taiwan. Nice minimalist decor. Good Taiwanese pancakes. Got the noodle soup with rib eye. Beef was great but the broth seemed a little too light. Would want to go back to try the beef and tendon noodle soup.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Great place to try if you have tried the other normal beef noodles places in Taipei - this is slightly higher end beef noodle restaurant. Good atmosphere and comfortable seating.

The beef noodles was good. The soup was awesome and the beef pancakes was very delicious.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Taipei's beef noodle soup is a favorite of both locals and tourists. I've tried the specialty many times on my travels, but never been overwhelmed with the dish preferring ramen or hot pot, until I tried the beef noodles at Pin Chuan Lan. Usually the soup broth was tasty, but the beef invariably would be very fatty and tough with grisly meat. Not so at PCL. You can order other meats like tendon, kind of soft and jelly-like, but if you want "beef" try the beef shank. Three thick slices of lean nicely marbled tasty beef. So good. You can choose the thick Taiwanese noodles (udon-like) or ramen noodles..I took the ramen noodles which were perfectly cooked, not over done.
We also ordered the beef roll, using the same nice quality of beef, it was also excellent.
Service was very good and prompt and our server spoke English and was very friendly
If you go to Taiwan, you will undoubtedly be introduced to the famous beef noodle soup, make it at Pin Chuan Lan and you won't be disappointed!
BTW..they have a great menu of other items besides beef noodle soup...check the menu on their website

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I have had some pretty grizzly beef noodles in Taipei, which led me to avoid this local favorite in Taipei as much as possible, preferring to go for other delicacies of Taiwan.
But recently I was taken by a friend to Pin Chuan Lan not to far from SOGO. I was so pleasantly surprised at the clean modern restaurant. They offered ramen style noodles or Udon (or thick) noodles. I chose the ramen noodles. The broth soup was so flavorful and the noodle just right. But in stead of the big chunks of fatty beef I've usually had, this came with thick slices of shank beef, lightly marbled, but mostly tender, delicious beef. We added an order of their beef and green onion roll, another favorite which was equally tasty with tender beef slices rolled in a flakey tortilla like pastry. This place will be on my "must visit" each time I am in Taipei.
Also.. the service is great and our server spoke enough English and the menu has English descriptions

Date of visit: April 2017