Hotel Bougainvillea
Bibi's B and B(Santo Domingo de Heredia)
TripAdvisor
Beraca Casa de Bienestar y Salud(Santo Domingo de Heredia)
TripAdvisor
Habitacion Santo Domingo, Heredia(Santo Domingo de Heredia)
TripAdvisor
Isla Los Angeles Costa Rica(Santo Domingo de Heredia)
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
1,074 results
All reviewssan josecosta ricatennis courtsgarden viewfirst nightgift shopbeautiful groundslovely hotelboth timesdining roomnice poolcentral valleyceiling fanbotanical gardensrooms are spaciouslong flightextensive gardens
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We enjoyed our visit at this hotel. The gardens were beautiful as was the decor throughout the hotel. The food was excellent. The employees were nice & very helpful. Our room was clean & comfortable. We had a nice view of the mountains & a constant breeze.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We have travelled to Costa Rica twice for birding and both times have chosen to start the trip at the Hotel Bougainvillea. It is a peaceful oasis in the chaos of the San Jose. We would definitely stay again. We had a driver both times which is good because I don't know that we would ever be able to find it if we didn't. Employees speak excellent English, the food is good and wifi available for free. Very good experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Our travel to Hotel Bougainvillea was part of a medical tourism package provided by my husband's company. I would highly recommend this hotel for it's clean rooms, comfortable beds with heavenly sheets. Access to the beautiful 10 acre garden is an incredible perk, the pool was very nice and they have an upscale work-out room. There is also a sauna, but we did not use it since I had double knee surgery. We were not out and about as tourists most of the time, but having a great restaurant on site with four-star food was a big plus. All sauces and pasta were made from scratch. The fillet mignon, sea bass and trout were simply perfect. There is an abundance of artwork and sculpture throughout the hotel and gardens and the tiny gift shop does have some very nice wood pieces at reasonable prices. This hotel also went above and beyond when my husband had a fainting spell in the restaurant and they called for an ambulance in addition to our contact with the medical program. They carried him to our room and checked on us several times a day. We cannot say enough for the way the employees took pride in their work and wanted to make our stay as pleasant as possible. I would love to come back for a pleasure trip and use this hotel as our base of operations since it is centrally located. Not to far to San Jose (20minutes) or the airport (30 minutes). I do not recommend driving yourself around the country since there are very few road signs and the drivers have their own way of making two lane roads into three lane roads with motorcycles weaving in an out. Our tico driver was never perturbed, but I would not want to drive. We will be back for more explorations. We did get to go to the Gold Museum in San Jose and it was fascinating and we were allowed to take some incredible photos of the items. The hospital Clinica Biblique was also top notch.

Room Tip: We had a lovely view of the garden and screened windows could be opened as closed to meet your needs. We had no A/C, but never needed it with the overhead fan and open windows.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ctbagley
Reviewed 19 February 2013

A lovely hotel situated in beautiful gardens. The room I stayed in had views of the gardens and also had a small balcony. Large, very clean, room with huge bathroom and decent towels and 'lotions and potions'. Food is good and there is free wifi. The staff are very friendly and wecoming and even raise a smile if you leave around 5am for the morning flight. Visitors must take time to explore the gardens and enjoy the plants and the pieces of art dotted around. Inside the hotel there is lots of art in one form or another, the crystals are amazing. The gift shop is not expensive.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have stayed in Hotel Bougainvillea at least once a year since 2009. I have found their service to be exceptional. There is a warm welcome no matter what time of arrival, large, spacious bedrooms, substantial breakfasts and a wonderful garden area with pool and gym. The restuarant food is really good, I always enjoyed the "plato tipico."
The bedrooms with the garden view are brilliant, especially with the little outdoor patios. There is free wifi and a good selection of TV channels.
I have no doubt in recommending this hotel to other solo travellers.

Room Tip: Go for the garden rooms - mountain view are fine and not that noisy - but waking up to the gardens is extra special.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business