“Very helpful”
Review of Bearna Rua Lodge

Bearna Rua Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Rathcoole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2016

My husband and I stayed at Bearna Rua Lodge the last two days of March. I had specifically chosen it because of it's location; the LUAS station is about 10 minutes away and we were able to take it into Dublin instead of driving. And relax outside of Dublin at night!

Elizabeth was a wonderful hostess. She gave us advice on hikes and places to eat. She was also very generous to my husband in regards to his curiosity regarding her family history. I can't thank her enough for that.

Room Tip: We were in Room 4. It had a wonderful view of the lights of Dublin.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mollie L
buzylizzie, Owner at Bearna Rua Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us Mollie. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your review. Best Regards!

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

We stopped at the Bearna Rua lodge for 5 days in March 2016, as you can see from the photos breath taking views both night and day,family run made feel very welcome couldn't do enough to help to make are stop perfect will definitely would return.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah R

Thank you Sarah for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed the views and your stay with us. I hope you do get the chance to stay with us again. Best Regards!

Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

We had a great room with Comfy beds. Enjoyed a delicious freshly cooked breakfast with perfect eggs.Acommodating friendly and helpful hosts who gave great directions. Very handy for Citywest events. Easily found. Our 5 year old enjoyed their stay and loved the pancakes!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Deaglan M
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We stayed here while attending a wedding nearby. The place was overpriced, very poorly decorated and room was quite small. Breakfast was included in the rate, but the only options given were to have it at 8 or 9 am, ridiculous for a weekend stay. Avoid.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eoin W
buzylizzie, Owner at Bearna Rua Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Hello Eoin, I am sorry that our facilities did not meet your requirements .If you are coming to Ireland again we would gladly give you a free night stay. Our home had only been decorated that summer and I have received lots of compliments from guests about the décor and which I take great pride in. I have an extensive menu for breakfast which caters for all which I receive compliments about the breakfast menu. One can choose Pancakes with maple syrup, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, cooked Irish Breakfast or continental with fresh fruit yogurt and selection of cheese. t I do my best to facilitate guests with breakfast time and breakfast IS AVAILABLE FROM 7:30 AM to 10AM. If all my guests ask to come for breakfast at the same time I do ask if they could come down later or earlier so that people wont be waiting for their breakfast. My apologies that you were only offered a certain time for breakfast. Our B& B is family run and other guests have said its not like a B&B but rather like their own home. I am delighted to say I received a "review award" from Booking.com with a score of 9 for 2015. Regards Elizabeth

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

It was an excellent to have a peaceful rest in this magnificient place. Everything was fine! Rooms are beautiful and well-design! Very friendly owners) A nice view from the window! Very good pictures on the walls by Elithabeth ;) Location if this place is convenient to go to the Dublin.

Stayed: September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you had a nice stay with us. You're welcome to come and stay with us again if ever you find yourself in Dublin again. Best Wishes!