Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Official Site
US$238
US$208
View deal
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$238
1,901 results
All reviews johnstown house hotel leisure centre salt restaurant bar food spa treatments coach house bar relaxation room afternoon tea steam room self catering next morning outdoor jacuzzi steak thermal suite changing rooms top class relaxing break
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous hotel. The Coach House Bar has a lovely atmosphere and the food was delicious, our server Nicole M was amazing, so friendly and accommodating, it really made our stay that extra bit special. Will definitely be back. Overall 10/10.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From checking in to checking out everything was outstanding.
Food, absolutely beautiful breakfast lunch and dinner!
The staff couldn’t have done enough for us. Everyone of them so pleasant and helpful.
Our first break away in nearly 2 years staying with a group of three families 8 children in total. Family room was spacious clean and beautifully decorated small park at the back of the hotel forest walk and the swimming to keep them all entertained. Already planning our return visit.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear sir/Madame,

I am a first time mother & my baby was born at the start of this pandemic. It has been a hard year. When I heard the hotels were opening I decided to treat us to a weekend away, our first trip away in over a year. I decided on Johnstown house as I’ve been there a few times & I’ve always had a wonderful time. I booked the lodge as I knew it would be better with my small baby. The bill came to 618 euro...... this is a HUGE amount of money, especially for two people who lost a lot during the last year. We were really excited driving in.... checked in & Jonathon showed us to our lodge.... can you imagine how I felt standing there with my small baby to look at the lodge beside ours vandalised & boarded up. I could not hide my shock & straight away spoke to Jonathon about how I was feeling. He was very nice & understanding. I asked why they didn’t call us to rearrange our stay until this was sorted. I went in & cried. Cried because I was looking forward to this for a very long time. To cut a very long story short I had to feed my hungry baby & unpack all of her food etc When an hour later the offer came to move in to hotel or maybe there would be a different lodge later, we declined.

While I very much appreciate the free meal we were given from Paul on Friday night, this is not good enough. I did not enjoy any of my stay, I looked out the window at graffiti every day, we didn’t sleep at ALL out of fear that these angry people would be back to vandalise again. The whole experience was ruined.

Since returning home I have told family & friends about this experience, showed my videos/photos & they are extremely shocked & don’t know how we stayed on & paid the full price for this experience.

I really hope as a hotel you take the time to fix your lodges & if not ring people & tell them what they’re facing.... it will not be the four star experience they are expecting or paying for.

Above is the copy of the e-mail I sent to the hotel. It explains the situation very well. I got a nice e-mail from the manager asking me to call him, however nothing can restore my faith in this hotel & as much as I don’t like giving bad reviews I feel others need to be warned so they will not go through the same experience as me!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Grainne M
Paul Gaynor, Other at The Johnstown Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Grainne M,
Many thanks for your recent visit to The Johnstown Estate.
It is most disappointing to read this review and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for your underwhelming stay.
I have investigated our daily reports, and I can see that after you checked in and voiced your dissatisfaction our team members offered you multiple different options to move Lodges and also move into a hotel bedroom of which you declined both as you wanted to stay in this Lodge.
Then as a gesture of goodwill my colleagues offered you complimentary dinner which you enjoyed.

Grainne M, thank you for your custom and feedback and I hope you can give us another chance in the future.

Yours Sincerely
Guest Relations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for the girly getaway for one night. We started with afternoon tea. This was fab. We then had use of the spa and taster treatment which we really enjoyed. All the staff were so nice and the spa was 10 out of 10. Our room was gorgeous. Bed so comfy and pillows were A+. Dinner was part of the package and every one of us had a fab meal. We were so excited after a great night sleep for breakfast. This unfortunately lost you a star. Breakfast was really not good. A four star hotel with buffet just isn't up to standard of other 4 stars I have been to. It's such a pity to leave your hotel down as ye have enough staff to serve. I would defo expect a menu with pancakes eggs Benedict etc. The staff are amazing from check in and through out. Please look into improving the breakfast and you will be deserving of 4 stars.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Some great work done to the hotel since my last stay. Staff very friendly, food was exceptional and the pool area is amazing. Room was very hot and no air conditioning. The toiletries were great quality and although there was no coffee machine, the tea station was great. Will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: May 2021