“Possibly the best Steak Sandwich in Eire.”
Review of Lukers bar

Lukers bar
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped off on our Shannon trip last week and have to say their Steak Sandwich is highly recommended! Beautiful setting, evening complete with a very talented array of teenage Irish musicians.

1  Thank Caff1day

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Very busy place. Great to bring kids...beautiful location..the staff are so helpful and friendly...the food is gorgeous. Best Burger I ever had, can't wait to go back...

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We called in for lunch on August Bank Holiday Monday, It was not so busy, but service was very slow from a staff who did not demonstrate any kind of welcome! The were all young people, perhaps college kids, and all showed no enthusiasm whatsoever for the job they were doing. Not a smile between the lot of them!
The food arrived eventually, I had the chicken salad, and my wife had the Lobster and prawn ,
The salad was ok , the chicken had a nice flavor , but was overcooked and tough. The lobster and prawn was swimming in water, which diluted the taste of it completely.
The server came for the plates and went without asking, "Was everything ok" nothing.
Its a shame really as I had heard great reports about the place, Its in a beautiful setting. It could be so much better!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Our tour group stopped for lunch and it was a treat! I had the Guinness stew and it was excellent! One of the best meals that we had in Ireland. A real hidden gem.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on a tour for lunch.

Atmosphere: simple decorations and homey tables. Bar was simple, but wouldn't mind a drink next door at the more traditional pub.

Service: After a large group of us (33) sat we were quickly asked for our drink order. Without given options...just "whatever you want". Would have just liked a list.. Ordered food off a single menu for the table (odd). Food came out fairly quickly for such a large group, but no check to see that everything was ok and that there were no issues.

Food: At the table we ordered the seafood chowder (very tasty with salmon, mussles, and cod), veggie soup (creamy and tasty), and beef stew (raved about it).

Would I go back? Yes, if I had a more leisurely paced lunch, I would grab a pint next door. Great vibe to the place.