“Top knotch”

OLI & MI Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 160 Restaurants in Lower Hutt
Price range: US$14 - US$55
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern fusion dining at its best awaits you in the heritage-listed Dentist building on Jackson street, Petone.
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for Asian fusion fine dining, look no further. My partner and I were hugely impressed with the standard of the food here, not to mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff. He had the steak, which was an enormous 350gms and perfectly cooked and I ordered the small plate salmon, which was the size of a big entree and utterly divine with a subtle combination of Asian flavours. Beautifully presented too. Combined with the chunky fries (superb) and the green salad with sliced almonds (delicious), plus the tasting plate we shared to start, the meal was more than enough to satisfy both of us. It was a hot night so I had a homemade non- alcoholic mango and coriander cocktail (so refreshing) and my man was happy with an Asahi beer. He remarked on the range of top shelf they had available - very impressive. A little known jewel on Jackson Street, Oli & Mi is a real gem and we will definitely go back.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Visited on quite a hot evening. Food was just great, especially the tasting platter which they provided plenty of vegetarian options for one of our group. They were really busy and the service was a little slow as a result, however we can forgive them for that due to the excellent food, and great wine selection. The only thing they need to sort out is the heat. It would have been great to have a bit more air flow in hot weather. Otherwise an excellent visit.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Really good! Started with the tapas platter, it was good, especially the scallops. My partner continued with the beef four ways and it was good as well. Great dish! I had the pork filet and I thought that was fantastic. Great service. Definitely recommend the place and great to see such high quality in Lower Hutt.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

The innovative and fulsome menu options more than meet expectations. The food is fresh and delicious with flavours balanced to perfection. The service is attentive and welcoming. Best meal out in a long time. Can't wait for my next visit.

1  Thank Debsinfrance
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my mum went out for dinner on a thursday night, wonderful service from staff. Food was really tasty and loved how it was all locally sourced . We were starving so it seemed like we waited a while. Something to snack on while you wait would of been nice, other wise had a really fantastic dinner. I had the ruhbarb mojito it was so refreshing! $16 pretty good pricing for a cocktail. We also sharved a mixed platter which was $30, and got thai mussels $20 each and some amazing hand cut chips $8-9 food was really tasty but portion sizing was some what small for 2 hungry ladies .
Would deffinately go again!!