All reviewsfew minutes walksri lankaexcellent resortpeaceful holidayclean roomsdolphin tourcrab currylovely poolcolombosandcoalstretchaccommodationnetsboatnature
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Small group of well equipped bungalows and a small swimming pool set in relaxing jungle surroundings. An original concept that deserves to succeed. Nice little restaurant with good staff. Went on their dolphin observing boat trip which delivered a mass of dolphins. In fact the trip was much longer than it should be because they stuck too it in order to find us the dolphins even there were only 2 of us. A great fun place to be.

Room Tip: All good so every where fine
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I booked ten days in advance to stay here four nights and had to pay by bank transfer an excessive deposit of 15000 RS. On my way there I was robbed of a bag in Colombo and spent 4 terrible hours in the police station. I therefore missed my train and immediately cancelled my booking and stayed local in case my bag turned up. It never did so I lost a lot of valuables. I then contacted the hotel manager to try to obtain some refund as it was a situation beyond my control but he could not authorise it, the owner had to. He refused point blank saying he lost 50,000 Rs on the cancellation which I don't believe for a minute. My booking was for 40,000 and he already had 15,000 so do the math as they say.I have no doubt that room was not left empty either.I honestly feel that I have been robbed twice now. I tried to agree a return of 10,000 but they would not budge. I had intended to give any refund to my Sri Lankan friend because I am helping him financially as he has a disabled two year old daughter, so it is not me that has been deprived, it is a very poor Sri Lankan family. The people who run this hotel are an absolute disgrace, scoundrels and heartless villains who have made money out of my misfortune. I cannot prevent anyone going here but I urge you to think very carefully about the kind of people who run this hotel and what they are really like.

Go to TripAdvisor | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. This e-mail was sent from a not

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights with my husband and two girls of 10 and 12. We just arrived in sri lanka and had a lovely and relaxing time here. We stayed in a family room with aircondition. Check with the place before you book, both hotels.com and booking.com writes that all rooms have aircondition, but they don't. So just write or call. All staff are so pleasent and helpfull. The pool is really nice and clean, and open in the evening.
The restaurant serves really tasty sri lankan food. But also a european selection, our girls were happy to find both spaghetti and french fries on the menu.
We went on a dolphin and snorkling boat trip. 20 min ride and we were surrounded by dolphins. It was a great experience. Then we went to a snorkling area, there were many fish to look at, but sadly the reef is dying.
The beach is fantastic, we spend hours playing in the big waves. It gets deep rather quickly, but as soon as you are through the breaking waves, the water is calm and there are no currents.
We were here in the start of the season, and we only shared the beach with local fishermen. They are also friendly and likes to say hello. If you take a walk up or down the beach, you'll find that only resort beaches are kept clean. We were reminded how important it is not to leave litter anywhere. It a shame that it ends up on beautiful beaches like this one.
We came here to relax, and it was perfect for us. But if you are looking for lots of shops and restaurants around the corner, you'll be disappointed. But beside the must see dolphins other tours can be arranged by the staff.
We loved it here. A great place to relax and just be with your family.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RikkeR87
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Nice, small beach resort at a reasonable price for the area. We stayed 1 night & our room was great; they're all spread nicely around a sand garden littered with Palm Trees. There's also a really nice, clean pool. This was the first place we stayed in Sri Lanka and the curry buffet we had in the evening was the best we had in the 2 weeks we were away. Definitely got us straight into the swing of Sri Lankan food!

Unfortunately we picked the wrong time to come to the area; Alankuda beach near the resort is not at all picturesque and is definitely unsafe to swim while we were there (August). Dolphin trips were also unavailable, so there isn't a lot else to do in this particular area.There is more to see further north of the peninsula in Kalpitiya lagoon, where you'll find a lot of Kite Surfing spots and safer swimming.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and helpful, and offered to help us with whatever we needed including transportation. Open atmosphere and a 2 minute walk from the beach. Very good for groups, families or couples. Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends