“what a joke.”
Review of Big belly Roti Hut

Big belly Roti Hut
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Mirissa
Price range: US$0 - US$6
Description: its a small restaurant you can get new experience of sri Lankan street foods and beverages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not sure where to start...
Me and my mate got here at 8pm in the evening. While waiting for our food severall local peaople came in empty handed and went off with a bag full of food. At 9pm we finally asked if our food was soon to be ready? The only answer we got was the classic "5 minutes".
15 minutes later we finally got our rotis, wich was nothing else than averege.
This is the first time I've ever writen this kind of revue. But as a person in the hospitality bisuness you'll always get annoyed and upset when this kind of poor service happens. no matter where u are in the world.

1  Thank antonn894

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was many times for dinner.
They have kottu roti I like it
I will go again
Very friendly staff. spicy food
And nice Sri Lankan tea

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a joke, such over hype by foreigners claiming this was so amazing, what a joke that it. The only good item was the egg hoppers. The rotti was so bland and tasteless i was surprised. The fried rice was terrible, no seafood and bland yet again.

The only thing good about this place is its cheap, but you get what you pay for. Go somewhere else, this coming from a sri lanken myself.

Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best roti & kotu ! So so cheap and the staff are extremely friendly. The food is very fresh and tasty

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don’t be put off by the flies on the mat, enter into the darkness of the Big Belly and you will be transformed. I had a lovely chicken roti for just Rs 180, ate outside on the busy Galle Road, which was a blessing, as the really lovely coconut vendor offered me a fresh coconut for just Rs. 50, and best of all, when finished, he hacked the coconut in half and dextrously sliced the inner flesh for me to eat. You’d be misssing a Mirissa experience if you didn’t set foot in the Belly, for a cheeky quick nibble.