“Disappointment from long time customer”

Periwinkle restaurant
Reserve a table
Reviewed 10 April 2022

My partner and I have eaten at Periwinkle on many occasions and aways found the food great and the service reasonable.

Today was not one of our best visits.

Cool day so food lost its heat very quickly. My wife had one of their French Tarte's which as usually delicious, but as the tart was served on a board and not a warm platter, it quickly lost heat and became a cold offering not very pleasant to the taste.
I had their cheese souffle which my wife has praise highly in the past, only to find they had changed the manner of cooking and serving by removing the ramiken and serving without the deliciously hot sauce underneath, and with just a smear of sauce over top. Once cool ( very quickly) it was unappetising and stolid without the hot sauce.
My wife adores their Crepe Suzettes in orange sauce and once again ventured with this dessert, only to discover that the crepe was premade and very tough?rubbery. No doubt was kept in fridge and just reheated.

I had their sorbet and lychees which was yummy, but also ordered a coffee to have with my dessert, which never arrived.

So as you can imagine not the relaxing and enjoyable lunch we were both looking forward to.

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (369)

Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

We had a delicious meal and a fun night. We shared entrees; the scallops and a cheese souffle. The scallop and crab dish was OK but not great, but the soufflè was delicious and served with some good bread and a fresh green salad. For mains he had the confit duck, I had the barramundi. Both were excellent. Having had a cocktail before getting to the restaurant we each had just a glass of wine from the good wine list. The service was exemplary, friendly and professional. We considered ordering potatoes as a side dish and were correctly advised by the waitress that both mains were served with plenty. We went with the greens instead and they were perfectly cooked and tasty. We will definitely return to Periwinkle.

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank RetiringnotShy
Reviewed 17 March 2022 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our delicious meals at this lovely little local gem. The barramundi was mouth watering and the pork belly delicious. The service was excellent and quick, very friendly and welcoming staff. We highly recommend it.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 20 February 2022 via mobile

We went for a Sunday lunch and it was very enjoyable. All meals were tasty made with fresh ingredients. Service was efficient and overall one of the better meals we have had on Sunshine Coast. Would recommend a try if in the area.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 19 February 2022 via mobile

I reviewed previous feedback and maybe this made me feel that this was going to be an experience better than what it was. It is a good local restaurant - all four patrons rated the their meals about 6/10, pork belly, pasta and steak, average at best. Not the experience I was expecting, service was mediocre, food average, prices ok and beverage list ok. I certainly wouldn’t rave about it, there are limited local opportunities, so please keep this in mind when selecting. I don’t want to be disrespectful to other reviewers, but for me, would I go back, the answer would be no.

Date of visit: February 2022