“Good pies and coffee”

Peregian Beach Bakery
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Had a pie and coffee after 2PM. Pleasant staff, with a good variety of bakery choices. One of the few places open after 2PM for a snack.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Love the location opposite the beach and park but the breads and pies are normal without any special character. Steak and mushroom pie was just ok.

1  Thank RonWamberal
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Get there early (like well before 0700!!) for excellent fresh baguettes and boutique sourdough. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Dudley3186
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

Our Baguettes and sour dough are certainly popular! We are working hard to increase our daily bake so you don't have to get up quite so early ...

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The new baker here creating the traditional REAL sourdough and it is amazing. He can answer any questions I have. I am usually gluten intolerant but I seem to be able to handle this sourdough. One of the best things I have ever tasted 10/10

1  Thank Kaylyn R
Management response:Responded 1 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review. I have passed your comments onto our Baker and he is thrilled you love it so much.
French flour and Australian flour are milled very differently and French flour does not require any additional gluten which is probably why you can tolerate it.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

This used to be the best bakery in the area but it's gone off in recent times. The freshly baked loaves were once displayed on shelves, now they're wrapped in plastic on a self serve rack. Smiling friendly staff have been replaced by grumpy people who sigh deeply if you'd like one of the pre-wrapped loaves sliced. Hope things improve soon or we'll be buying elsewhere.

1  Thank aussietraveller0958
Management response:Responded 21 March 2017

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing visit to the bakery. Our freshly baked loaves usually displayed on shelves has changed slightly of late. We do put them on our self service rack at the moment because it is a quiet time of year and we don't make as much bread as we normally do. We have found most customers are responding well to being up close and personal to all of our range but I understand not everyone will like this and it is not a permanent arrangement.
It should not be a problem to get any of those loaves sliced and I will addressing this with my staff immediately. I take on board your comments and thank you for taking the time to review us, it helps us to improve and I do hope you will return and have a better experience.