All reviewsnishiki marketgreat locationwalking distancetwin roomsanjo stationgion districtside streetheart of downtowncovered shoppinghotel is locatedyogurtudonfree wifigood sizefront desk staffincluded breakfastrooms are comfortable
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Stayed for a week, in Vista Premio hotel.

The location is excellent, walking distance to Gion, Yasaka Jinja, Ponto-cho... Bus station is just 1 minute walk from the door. Buses are the most used transport for tourism so it makes it very easy. Also Sanjo station is near for subway.

The rooms are good sized, big for Japanese standards. The bathroom is big with a good bathtub.

All the furniture and the hotel seems new and clean. Complimentary items are provided every day, like free bottles of water. The free wifi worked good during our stay.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

The hotel staff of very friendly and our room was very nice . They have laundry facilities and a restaurant. It is in a great area with tons of food and shopping. Their breakfast was mostly traditional Japanese cuisine, which was interesting. They have all the amenities you could need on a trip in your room, which was great.The hotel was located near the Geisha district, which is a great place to explore. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2018

This hotel was booked for us by Inside Japan Tours as part of our 16 day stay in Japan. We stated 5 nights and were very happy with this hotel. Well located just minutes away from Nishiki Market and Pontocho Alley. Public transportation is close by but the subway is a 15 minute walk. The hotel has good amenities including laundry. I loved the Japanese buffet breakfast although I recognize that the choices for breakfast are limited. I would book this hotel on my own for my next stay in Kyoto.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJBruins
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The hotel is situated near the huge under-cover shopping area, filled with many vintage and retro clothing shops, to the delight of my teenage daughter, who would happily have spent the entire trip there.
Our room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Our beds were so comfortable that we overslept !
Although we are quite picky eaters, we had no problem at breakfast - we had natural yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereal with fresh Jersey cream milk, a selection of different delicious bread, including walnut and apple, eggs and corn dogs ... And there was a huge variety of local japanese specialities, as well as food from all over the Asia. All of the people I witnessed at breakfast had their plates piled high.

We ate fantastic cakes from Patisserie Fukugana nearby and had a beautiful vegan dinner at Ain Soph Journey, a couple of streets away - highly recommended.

The staff on the front desk had limited English, but were very polite and helpful and forwarded my luggage on to the next hotel with no problems.

If I had the chance to return, I would do so without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank RachelR3638
Reviewed 28 April 2018

First of all we have to say that the staff here are wonderful. I had had an accident skiing earlier in the holiday, and needed a doctor's certificate in order to fly home. Without going into detail, the staff here went beyond the call of duty to help us.

The room we had was one of the bigger ones and it was fabulous! Spacious and clean. The location of the hotel is perfect for walking to a lot of the historic sites and for the underground station.

But the breakfast!! Oh wow!!! Unbelievably bad. Awful!! The coffee was so bad I just couldn't drink it. And I need my caffeine fix in the morning so I can usually force anything down. But I had to skip it here. Undrinkable. The food was just as bad. The only edible thing for breakfast was the cereal. And just in case you think it's because it was a Japanese breakfast I can assure you that was not the reason. Prior to this we had stayed in 6 Japanese inns/ryokans/hotels and a buddhist monastery where the Japanese breakfasts were great. Different but delicious. Not so here.

Also the music that was playing as we were attempting to find something edible a breakfast was so bad. If you like experimental jazz you'll be fine. Otherwise bring earplugs. Actually you'd be better off eating elsewhere.

But don't let that put you off staying in the hotel - just do it on a room only basis!! The room and hotel staff are fabulous!

Room Tip: Pay extra for one of the larger rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple