US$151
  • Pool
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Hearton Hotel Kyoto(Nakagyo)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Gimmond Kyoto(Nakagyo)(Great Value!)
US$48
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

Hotel Gran Ms Kyoto(Nakagyo)(Great Value!)
US$54
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Hotel Monterey Kyoto(Nakagyo)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Khaosan Kyoto Guesthouse(Nakagyo)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$91
Trip.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Super Hotel Kyoto Shijokawaramachi(Nakagyo)(Great Value!)
US$51
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$588
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$671/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent. In the very centre of Kyoto and close to the station. Rooms are small, as in most of Japanese hotels, but clean, and charming. The staff is nice, helpful and friendly. The price is reasonable and it is located in a quiet street.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The room is clean and reasonable priced. The staff is especially helpful. I booked the hotel online and later discovered that I have booked a smoking room. I requested to change but the staff replied that all non smoking rooms were already booked. However, they took note of this and immediately informed me when a non smoking room was available. I really appreciated that.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OngPS
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed in the Coop Inn in December 2011 with my wife and 2 daughters. Right from the outset I'll say if you want a nice, clean inexpensive hotel within literally minutes of a multitude of shopping, transport and eating options, then look no further. Book the Coop Inn now.

Located merely streets away from the famous Kyoto shopping arcades of Teramachi and Shin Kyogoku, and the world famous Nishiki market, hotels do not come much more centrally located in Kyoto than the Coop Inn.
The hotel is a considerable distance from Kyoto station, at approximately half an hour walk, or 10 minute bus ride, but Kyoto station, and the nearby underground shopping arcade Porta was so crowded that we avoided the area unless we were arriving or leaving Kyoto anyway. So being located away from the crowded nightmare of Kyoto station was a positive rather than a negative for us.

Finding the hotel was very easy. Upon arrival the hotel staff spoke a moderate amount of English, but more than enough to get check-in done with ease. Counter staff were efficient and polite without being overly friendly and welcoming, but nice enough. We were given the key to our room, which was on the top floor at the end of the corridor. We stayed in a Japanese style room to accommodate the 4 of us, and it was a very generously sized and comfortable room. The rooms were basic but very clean, as was the bathroom, and the hotel was extremely quiet (being on the 9th floor probably contributed to that). Free wired internet was available in the rooms, and the hotel has basic coin operated laundry facilities available, as well as the usual vending machines.

My only complaint about our room was with the air conditioning. Our room had a binary air conditioner fitted. In heating mode it seeminly only had 2 settings. "Off" or "Cook". This meant that we could not leave the air conditioning running overnight to keep the room warm, because the first night we tried we had the thermostat set on 22 degrees, awoke with the room insanely hot, and the temperature guage on the wall reading 30 degrees. One of th hotel staff also tried to adjust the air conditioner so that it wouldn't cook us while we slept, but without success.

The hotel's location is what made this hotel a winner for me. Located within 5 minute walk of the best shopping and eating district in all of Kyoto, and within 15 minutes walk of the heart of Gion, for the exceptionally reasonable price we paid for this hotel, the Coop Inn is nothing short of an absolute bargain. If you want to stay somewhere close to the heart of the Kyoto shopping and eating district, you aren't going to do much better than the Coop Inn without paying considerably more money.

We decided to have breakfast in the on-site restaurant “Patio” on the first morning we stayed there. Man I wish we hadn't. Coop Inn staff, if you're reading this I'm sorry to say this, but it was woeful. Hands down the worst meal we had in Japan. If you're thinking about having breakfast at the hotel, Don't. Just don't. Seriously.

The breakfasts were 800 yen if purchased the day before or 1000 yen if purchase at the restaurant in the morning. Why it is cheaper to pre-purchase I've got no idea, particularly because the restaurant only had a handful of people in it. No discount for children either. So 3200 yen poorer we went for breakfast, and found out why so few people were dining there.
The signs were initially positive. Many different western dishes, as well as cereal, coffee, juice, rice and some Japanese side dishes like pickles. The western dishes were horrible. Each dish had obviously been left sitting in a warming tray with a candle under it for a considerable time, and as a result all of the food was cold. The scrambled eggs were cold. The small boiled sausages were cold, and the potato wedges sitting in half an inch of water after being steamed in the warming tray were cold. And wet. The coffee was undrinkable, the juice was room temperature after sitting on the bench, and I didn't feel like playing side-dish roulette with the Japanese pickles, so I left them alone. On the plus side the cereal was ok, and the rice was ok. 3200 yen for cereal and plain rice. I almost laughed when the waitress asked if I wanted to pre-book for the next day.

When I return to Kyoto, the Coop Inn will be right at the top of my list of places to stay. It is clean, comfortable, quiet, very well priced, and perfectly located. I might just avoid the breakfast next time.

Room Tip: Best location in Kyoto for shopping and dining. The Japanese tatami room was more than big enough to accomodate our family of 4. Recommended for families.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Front desk staff was very helpful. Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. Everyone's pillows were a little lumpy and firmer than we're used to. There was free wi-fi and 3 desktop computers in the lobby (2 pc and one Mac) . Printing was available for 10 yen. In the room, you had to use a cable (was provided free) for internet access.
I used the phone once and paid 52 yen for a local call, very reasonable. I used the front desk laundry; it was prompt and reasonable, too. Coin laundry facility available.
Breakfast buffet offered lots of fresh fruits and veg. Full Japanese and western choices.
Bathrooms in the guest rooms were small, modular units. It was fine for me but for someone who needs a lot of space (personal space or counter space for cosmetics/toiletries) will be frustrated.
5 mins walk to main shopping streets, 10-15 minute walk to Gion. 10 min walk to subway.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 1 April 2010

For a relatively inexpensive, central Kyoto hotel, the Co-Op Inn (a joint venture, I believe, of several of Kyoto's universities) was just fine. The rooms were small, but not claustrophobic, and everything was immaculately clean and tidy. The location is hard to beat, with good access to bus and subway connections, but in a fairly quiet part of town. The (included) breakfast was OK; the "Western" items were not particularly well done, but decent, and some of the Japanese dishes were interesting and tasty. And the coffee was excellent!

We stayed part of the time in a Japanese style room, part in a Western style one. Both were fine, but I'd opt for the former next time.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business