Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 19/08/22
Expedia.comUS$46
Booking.comUS$49
TravelocityUS$46
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

The hotel is located at the north exit of the Kanayama station. Cross the diagonal zebra crossing to the Aeon Mall. There is a tall building at the back of the Aeon Mall that says Meitetsu Inn. As you cross the diagonal zebra lane, walk along the right side of the Aeon Mall, you will pass by the mall's parking area, then you will see a tempura restaurant beside the hotel entrance.

As you enter, they have a heater that warms you up since its freezing cold outside! The hotel lobby has this lobby welcome drink with only a specific time to enjoy, the machine serves: ice/hot coffee or cocoa with take away cups !

We booked 2 superior double rooms, they arranged Adjacent to each other since the hotel does not have connecting rooms.

The rooms were very compact and had less space, hard to arrange your luggage to a place you wont stamble while walking around. In addition, the rooms provide adequate things that you may need during your stay.

During our first night room 1218, was cold. There was something wrong with the heater but we didnt inform the front desk since we were tired and sleepy. On the 2nd and 3rd night all was good and the room heater was working perfectly!

The hangers provided in the room was only about 4, maybe they could add more.

Over all stay was good. I am glad they had a dehumidifier machine inside the room.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel when in Nagoya for a conference. It was one of the conference hotels, but, in my experience, that does not always mean the accommodation is good. In this case it was: clean, very quiet, convenient. The staff were all very nice. Breakfast (a buffet) was included and had a good selection for westerners and Japanese. It made an easy start to the day. Rooms were small but adequate. The value was excellent.

If I could change one thing, I would add a sign in English to the front of the hotel. I was walking around with my luggage and came in to ask directions to my hotel, only to find I as in it!

Here are the directions: take the north exit from Kanayama Station. Look for a large department store called AEON across a main intersection. Basically, this hotel is just behind the department store (walk along the east side of the store, turn left at the first street and the hotel is a few entrances later - the one with the slight ramp).

Room tip: ask for a non-smoking room if that is important to you
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MAHfx
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I was surprised with the location of the hotel which is about 5 mins walk to the station. It is very convenient. Nearby the hotel has many shops, including a supermarket, an Aeon mall, a food court, a few cafes and convenient shops. It is also cheaper going to Nagoya station by taking JR line, compared to the nearby stops.

The breakfast is standard Japanese style with nice bread and good coffee. It also has broth/clean soup for people to have self-made Japanese rice soup. For dinner, the hotel has a microwave in the lounge where people can warm up their dinner.

The internet can be a problem. The connection was easy. But the internet in my room worked for 1-2 hours then became on and off. Quite frustrating. The design of the plugs in the room is also problematic. I can use only one plug as the lower plug is blocked by the "hard-shell" wired connection. So I had to choose between boiling water or charging my internet.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I've chosen this hotel because of its location close to Kanayama station and airport transfer, but in the end I was really happy about my choice concerning all other options.
Rooms are small as usual in Japan, an attempt to open luggage can be a trial. Still everything is new and clean.
I really enjoyed breakfast, nice combination of Western and Japanese food habits.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnaF39
Reviewed 16 May 2016

The hotel is near Kanayama which is a conveniently central transport hub, but not on the tourist bus route. The staff were friendly, helpful and organised. They understood our English, but it was easier to communicate by writing things down sometimes. Breakfast was generous, but the same everyday. No fresh milk was available, only cream, although this is not unusual for Japan. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. Bathroom was good and modern.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
meitetu, フロントスタッフ at Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Kanayama, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Thank you for staying at Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Kanayama.
We are very sorry for making you disappointed for not providing fresh milk.
We have been thinking about providing fresh milk for breakfast.
Compare to other food, it difficult for us to stock and keep it fresh all the time.
We take your opinion as a positive feedback and will working on proving fresh milk for
breakfast.