1,740 results
All reviews shuttle bus nice hotel great view sannomiya station per day port area meriken park short stroll service was impeccable early check french toast spacious room teppanyaki restaurant high floor the hotel offers japanese hotels above average
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

A very great hotel placed right beside the port of Kobe. The hotel is kept in an old-fashioned manner, which suits the place. The service is simply outstanding.
The restaurants are truly magnificent.
The gym is well-equipped but heavy priced.
Highly recommendable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Viewed from the harbour, you can see the harbour from your own room as well. New, fully equipped hotel was cited as the best in town. Enjoy the grand room with very fast free wifi, I recommended for business purpose for the convention room available with all gadget needed. Breakfast was good...omelette, salad bar, and Japanese-style breakfast was also served.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HotelOkuraKobe, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Okura Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Okura Kobe and for taking the time to share your commet about your stay with us. We are extremely grateful for all the comment about our hotel and service.
It is always encouraging whenever we receive positive feedback from our guests.
Once again, we would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude for your patronage.
We are truly looking forward to welcomkng you agein.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Okura Kobe for 7 days, it was a wonderful stay. The location is perfect, I was staying at the 30th floor the view of harbour and Kobe tower was just wonderful. Breakfast was quite nice , they even made special hash browns for me because I am vegetarian. Spa was just excellent. It was a pity that I could use their sauna and swimming pool only for one day as it was under renovation.
Room was very clean, great bed, 2 bottles of complimentary water and a small box of candies were given everyday.
The only draw back was Check in time at 3 pm, I had an 11 hour flight and was very tired, after some argument the assistant manager helped me to get a room.
In room massage were also great. Overall service is just perfect, staff is very polite and helpful.
Shuttle service is very convenient to sannomiya station where quite some good Indian restaurants are present also great for shopping.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Your warm comments shall be very encouraging to our staff.
We are truly looking forward to welcomkng you agein.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Landed in Kansai and drove myself to the Okura Kobe. Took me slightly more than an hour to reach the hotel. Upon driving up the driveway, it looks grand but you can tell hotel isn’t new. Lots of parking lots and getting to the lobby from the multi-storey carpark was a breezed.

Hotel lobby looks really nice with a huge flower arrangement right in the centre of the lobby. Arrived around noon, but could not check in till 3pm, but was offered an early check in rate of 3 hours at 6600 Yen which I accepted as I really wanted a rest.

I had booked 2 triple rooms for a family of 5. Greatly appreciated that the rooms were interconnecting and the room size was quite spacious even with 3 twin beds in them. There is enough space to place our suitcase and open it flat. Beds were comfortable and bathroom clean and had the usual amenities and toiletries. Furnishings like the cabinets looked worn with some chips at the edges, but that didn’t really border me.

My room rate came with breakfast and you can dine at 3 locations, but the family chose the terrace restaurant which overlooks the Swimming pool. The buffet breakfast had an egg station, the usual western fare and also some Japanese selection, which I would rate as above average.

Location of hotel is right at Meriken Park. The Port of Kobe Earthquake Memorial is located right beside the hotel. A short stroll of 5 minutes will take you to the Port of Kobe Tower and a further 10 will lead you to Harbourland with its many shops and F&B outlets. Didn’t notice a train station around the hotel, but it didn’t matter to me as I had a rented car.

My only grouse about this hotel was the parking fee. It’s was charged at 1000 Yen per day and not for 24 hours for multiple entries (you have to get your ticket validated at check in for multiple entries) which means if I checked in at noon today and I leave by noon tomorrow, I would have to pay 2000 Yen :( if I used my car twice the next morning.

But overall, it was a very comfortable stay on Meriken Park.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I'm deeply disappointed about the hotel service and facilities. This is not 4 or 5 stars hotel in the world. Please pay attention that your room charges is not included GYM facilities and Pool! Hotel charges over 2000yen extra for each person for Pool/ Gym.

Meanwhile, Hotel do not provide any complimentary bottle water in room. It's really inconvenient as you need buy it by yourself. Bottle water is not valuable but this hotel even not provide to in house guest, it's really unbelievable!

Front Desk also lack of knowledge about hotel facilities' opening hour. And they did not mention any additional charges while guest asking for Pool/Gym information.

It is ridiculous for a 4/5 star hotel to provide such service (room only but not include other hotel facilities). Hotel management should review guest comments and look into this issue seriously. Hotel management should improve by referring to other 4/5 star hotel all around the world and see how other hotels operate! I found that many guests comments also mention the same, but this hotel just ignore it.

Paying high room rate but with a disappointed stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family