“Good soup but too much noodle”

Rokurinsha, Tokyo Ramen Street
Ranked #1 of 5 Quick Bites in Marunouchi
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Neighbourhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 4 July 2019

We queued for about 30 minutes as it claims as the no 1 ramen according to trip advisor. The soup is a little bit salty at the beginning. Once you dip the moodle in the soup, the noodle is very tasty. One more pork piece will be good. They are very generous about the noodle. I cannot finish mine and my friend can only manage finish half bowl of the noodle. After finishing the noodle, we put some clear soup into the soup to dilute the thickness, the soup is now very tasty to drink. Long queue but worth it. In addition, it is not expensive at all.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (647)

Reviewed 12 June 2019 via mobile

There was a long line when we arrive but the queue moved quickly. Ordering was made easier with the availability to an english menu.

The tsukemen was really good. The soup was very tasty while the cold noodles was thick and chewy.

The meal was worth the wait. Definitely a must try when you visit Tokyo Ramen Street.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank F0RE
Reviewed 6 June 2019

Omg this was one of my FAVORITE meals in Japan. The tsukemen or dipping noodles was SO freaking good! Super umami. The sauce coats your tongue and tummy in a delicious and warm hug. I do kind of wish the noodles were warm, but I get that the warm sauce and cold noodles is how it's supposed to be. The portion size was huge and it was really filling. I could barely finish it. A unique experience I don't think you can really get outside of Japan.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 2 June 2019

The taste of the soup is good but the ramen is too thick for my liking. The portion of ramen is really huge, and I could not finish it. If you prefer thinner ramen, then this might not be for you.

I arrived at about 11am and had to queue for about 45 minutes

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Charmaine888
Reviewed 23 May 2019 via mobile

All kinds of ramen in specialised shops depending on the type of noodles and the soup base - miso, spicy, anchovy etc. Orders are by a machine that only takes cash so go easy with cash.
Long queues during peak hours so better to go either early or late. We had a short queue at 6pm but this quickly grew by 6:30pm.
We chose the rich anchovy stock soup and it was delicious.
Service is brusque and efficient.

Date of visit: May 2019