“Come here if you’re really hungry ”

Rokurinsha, Tokyo Ramen Street
Ranked #1 of 5 Quick Bites in Marunouchi
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Neighbourhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 18 July 2019 via mobile

I’m not a fan of Tsukemen but dropped by given the hype. There’s a queue but it moved in an orderly fashion and didn’t need to wait long as service was efficient. You’ve to order from a vending machine before you’re seated.

Portions are huge so come if you’re really hungry. There’s a good, thick soup base which you can dip the noodles into; and mix the remaining soup with hot water and drink it if you wish. The soup gets a little overwhelming after a while and the thick noodles made me feel extremely full. I still prefer ramen over Tsukemen.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank dt0809
Write a reviewReviews (647)

Reviewed 4 July 2019

We queued for about 30 minutes as it claims as the no 1 ramen according to trip advisor. The soup is a little bit salty at the beginning. Once you dip the moodle in the soup, the noodle is very tasty. One more pork piece will be good. They are very generous about the noodle. I cannot finish mine and my friend can only manage finish half bowl of the noodle. After finishing the noodle, we put some clear soup into the soup to dilute the thickness, the soup is now very tasty to drink. Long queue but worth it. In addition, it is not expensive at all.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 12 June 2019 via mobile

There was a long line when we arrive but the queue moved quickly. Ordering was made easier with the availability to an english menu.

The tsukemen was really good. The soup was very tasty while the cold noodles was thick and chewy.

The meal was worth the wait. Definitely a must try when you visit Tokyo Ramen Street.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank F0RE
Reviewed 6 June 2019

Omg this was one of my FAVORITE meals in Japan. The tsukemen or dipping noodles was SO freaking good! Super umami. The sauce coats your tongue and tummy in a delicious and warm hug. I do kind of wish the noodles were warm, but I get that the warm sauce and cold noodles is how it's supposed to be. The portion size was huge and it was really filling. I could barely finish it. A unique experience I don't think you can really get outside of Japan.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 2 June 2019

The taste of the soup is good but the ramen is too thick for my liking. The portion of ramen is really huge, and I could not finish it. If you prefer thinner ramen, then this might not be for you.

I arrived at about 11am and had to queue for about 45 minutes