“Top Class Lunch”

Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon at Roppongi is the fourth Robuchon restaurant I’ve tried in Tokyo. Normally I go to the two restaurants in Ebisu (Le Château and La Table) which I think are the best among the many Robuchon restaurants I’ve tried in different parts of the world. Le Cafe at Nihonbashi is good for a quick bite. The Roppongi restaurant is not bad at all.

We went for lunch for the first time on a weekday and the restaurant was busy. The lunch menu offered a wide enough choice to meet different preferences. Both the presentation and the taste of the dishes were top class. The house white wine we had was also good value for money. L’Atelier gives you the Robuchon quality at a very reasonable price. Two thumbs up.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Went here on a friends recommendation for lunch. The food was excellent and also it’s presentation was perfect. Once you were seated, their service was very professional and polite.

Speaking about the seating I have to mention that most of the restaurants seating is at a counter on bar style high chair. I personally absolutely don’t like this style of seating and eventually missed this on their home page before making the reservation.

Behind the counter, directly opposite to the customers, there are many service people running around making the entire lunch a little bit “busy”.

The price is quite high for a Japanese lunch but absolutely OK for the quality served.

Last but not least we arrived two minutes before noon (our reservation was 12:00) and were asked to wait outside as the restaurant opens 12 sharp.

I personally prefer the same groups restaurant Benoit in Aoyama.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

always busy which tells you what you need to know, little pricey but a treat every once in a while, you cant go wrong

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Ambience: Lovely. Lighting was perfect for the mood intended. We got the counter table which is perfect as I love to see the kitchen brigade in action.

Service: Serving was excellent. No flaws in service and everything was in order.

Food: Beautifully platted as expected. Flavours are good in some but average for others. Ordered a wagyu dish which was recommended to be done medium rare. I obliged as I want to experience the restaurant's intended flavours and textures. It did not turn out too good. Don't get me wrong, I love rare and medium rare steaks however, they have to be aged meat for the flavours to come out right. Fresh raw meat when served rare just do not cut it. This is one of those things in life that everybody hears that it is true so even if it does not taste good, they feel obliged to say that it is. Hopefully they serve dry aged steaks in future.

1  Thank Fadzillah A
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I booked the restaurant to celebrate birthday with my husband and during our dining ,we heard many of the Japanese customers also celebrating birthday there,I saw the staff singing birthday song to all Japanese customers when they deliver the cake and its so sweet to hear their singing with a big smile and big clap. I requested a cake too to celebrate with my beloved one , however while we were expecting we got the same experience.A staff come out with the cake without singing and we just felt so discriminated that is it because we are Japanese so that we were not deserve the same experience there.Maybe we are not Japanese and they think we dun like hearing Japanese birthday song????the staff took a pic for us using the instant camera and it is supposed to give back to us at last. But they forgot and we just asked
when we were about to leave.I am so disappointed with this restaurant service, how can it be as a michin restaurant and it is not accepted to treat customer differently that make people feel discriminated.
for the food is just fair and the service is really make me disappointed.

2  Thank c w