Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$95
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
eDreams
PricelineUS$236
All reviews shinjuku station post office twin room convenient location yodobashi camera few minutes walk rooms are small airport limousine bus stop west exit laundry room vending machine location is fantastic business hotel keio plaza narita express your luggage visit tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Kadoya is a business hotel so don't expect anything too fancy but we had absolutely no complaints about staying there. It's clean and the staff are polite, everything works the way it should, and since we stayed in a triple, it was a relatively big room.

The main draw is its location right next to Shinjuku train station. We didn't want to stay near the redlight district NE of the station and all the other hotels we found were either further away, much more expensive, or didn't have triple rooms. The long distance bus to Osaka, Fuji san, and other places also stops nearby.

If you really want to be near Shinjuku and you're not looking for anything fancy, I'd recomment Kadoya hotel.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Overall this Hotel is pretty average in appearance, almost hidden on the block unless you are looking out for it. It has a very small lobby but it is clean. You can tell this is an older establishment, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Check-in staff speak good English and will help you get squared away. They also held our bags for us pre-checkin and post-checkout without any hassle which was nice of them.

The easiest way for me to describe the slightly dated feel of this hotel is the fact that they distribute physical keys, not keycards to each guest. Interestingly enough, there is a place for you to put your key just inside the room to activate all the lights/ac for power saving.

The room we got is a standard double non-smoking. The beds were comfy and large in size and the room itself wasn't tiny compared to another tokyo hotel we stayed at, this is a huge plus. Our room even came with a mini fridge which was great since we needed to use it.

Lan is available in the room but wifi can only be had in the lounge. Lounge allows smoking and since it is small you will have to put up with it if you need to check the internet.

Overall this is a nice simple, small hotel. It is not fancy in any way, so don't expect a great interior or fancy architecture, just a place to sleep at night. It's worth staying here if you can get a great deal, otherwise i'd opt for a nicer/newer hotel.

I would like to note that we tried to take a taxi to get here from the other side of Shinjuku; using the address info from the Trip Advisor map it took the taxi driver to a different location. We got sorted out when i showed him the map but i think there could be an error in the TA database with respect to address info.

Room tip: Take the Shinjuku Station West exit, and from here just go west about two blocks. Kadoya hotel is on the same block as a 'Lawson' convenience store which is on the SW corner. Right across the street from the hotel is another 'Lawson' store.
Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Very central and convenient to shopping for everything, restaurants, fast food outlets, and the Narita Airport limousine bus at Keio Dept. store. There's a Lawson's convenience store around the corner and breakfast in the hotel at reasonable price. Rooms are clean and good service but there are different grades of rooms. Every time I booked, my non-smoking room always had a small fridge and a washlet toilet. However, this time, I had to accept a smoking room which had no fridge and no washlet toilet. The room was noticeably older. In conclusion, I would definitely stay there again as their rates are reasonable.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank conscom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is very close to Shinjuku station which makes travelling to and from airport very convenient. It is also near to many restaurants, shops, convenience store, all within walking distance. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast was good. I would love to stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank Zany_Eve
Reviewed 5 December 2011

First of all, a huge THANK YOU for having post my coat back to me. I by mistake forgot my winter coat hanging in the wardrobe of the hotel room and didn't notice until I arrive to my home, I sent an e-mail to the manager of the hotel and the reply was quick and what it was better they kindly asked me for my home address to have my coat sent back to me and they did. with no extra charges. Thank you very much.

Good location, close to everything, metro station, airport limousine, shops, food...... inexpensive for the location.

Date of stay: December 2011