Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
Free cancellation until 31/10/21
Booking.comUS$112
PricelineUS$83
CheapTicketsUS$91
All reviews shinjuku station post office twin room convenient location yodobashi camera few minutes walk rooms are small airport limousine bus stop west exit laundry room vending machine location is fantastic business hotel keio plaza narita express your luggage visit tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2020

The short walk to Shinjuku station and direct train/bus to the airport and rest of the city makes the location very good.
The rooms are small and we were a big group that found fairly poor cleanlyness in some of the rooms. The rooms are small but have what you need.

The price more or less reflects what you get.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Pinglebakk
Reviewed 21 January 2020 via mobile

We have stayed in Shinjuku and across Japan numerous times. This is the worst hotel by far. The bathroom smelt like sewerage for the entire stay, the room layout did not maximize the minimum amount of space, there was hardly room for our luggage, staff are not very helpful, they do not offer any assistance with shuttles, the rooms were not clean and the bedding appeared old, worn and dirty. The good parts are the location (although next time I’d pay more the Kieo Plaza) and the fresh towels provided by house keeping each day (even when the do not disturb sign was on). By far the WORST part was the rooms on level 7 appeared to be rented “by the hour”. Women were constantly coming and going at all hours of the day, dropping and picking up keys. We know this as we couldn’t get a good nights sleep due to the terrible mattresses and pillows.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank bellebrookes
Reviewed 17 January 2020

Spent 7 nights at Kadoya after arriving from Tokyo Disney Resort

The most positive attribute about this hotel is its close proximity to Shinjuku station, shopping (including the Yodobashi Camera store with a catchy tune that is now stuck in my head) and numerous restaurants that serve yummy food.

Positives
-very polite staff
-self serve laundry room on the 3rd floor -coin operated laundry machines - there are two washing machines (the cost is 300 yen per load) and two dryers (the cost is 200 yen per load)
-the electric wall outlet is the same as the North American one so we did not need to use our adapter
-provided slippers, nightgown, toothbrushes, razors, body towel, fold up comb, shampoo, conditioner, body wash
-staff held our luggage prior to check in as we arrived prior to check in time
-staff held our luggage after we checked out prior to leaving for Narita airport
-close to Shinjuku Airport Limousine bus stop #23 where we caught the bus to Narita airport
-front desk staff provided extra hangers when I requested more hangers for the closet
-Lawson's store located to the left of Kadoya and another Lawson's across the street (convenient to purchase snacks and drinks)
-internet connectivity good
-booked a Triple Room (three single beds) which can be a challenge to find at a reasonable price (I searched many hotels in Tokyo)
-mini fridge in the room
-a microwave can be found in the 3rd floor Laundry Room along with vending machines and an ice machine
-restaurant on site (Cafe La Voie) - Note: bring your coat if it is during the winter months - since the restaurant is beside the hotel and accessible through a door to the hotel I thought it would be warm in the restaurant - I was sadly mistaken and the restaurant was freezing!)

Negatives
-advertised that they provided free mineral water 1 bottle per guest - we didn't receive any during our stay
-nightgowns were provided most nights but not all
-no in room safe
-upon arrival the shower curtain smelled awful - requested that it be changed and front desk staff provided a new shower curtain although it was smaller than it should be (a new properly sized shower curtain was provided the following day)
-pillow flat and uncomfortable (there is pillow rental available but there were never soft pillows whenever I checked)
-bed hard as a rock
-noisy location - could hear lots of sirens and drunk people throughout the evening and overnight
-not as clean as it could be

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank lglbgl
Reviewed 13 January 2020

This was our first time at the Kadoya but the 8th time staying in Shinjuku. The price and location were fantastic. We will definitely stay again. Internet included. Spacious rooms (especially for Tokyo standards). We had breakfast at the Pronto opposite the hotel each day. Lawsons right next door. Just a few minutes walk to the Shinjuku train station. Staff were helpful. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 3 January 2020

The location is good, minutes away from eateries and jr station and there are convenience shops nearby. But that is it. The room is not really clean eg dusty walls. The pillows are flat and I had to pay extra for another pillow. Even drinking water is not replenished. Every night I would hear sirens, not sure if they were from police or ambulance, thus I would suggest light sleepers to think twice before staying here.

On the day I checked out I asked the reception to call a cab for me but was told to hail a cab from the street myself. It was raining that day and there is no sheltered place outside this hotel to hail a cab.

Date of stay: December 2019