Zenriren Yoyogino Yado(Yoyogi)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$138
Priceline
US$125
5,240 results
All reviewsgreat locationsouth exitfamily martnarita airportrooms are smalloedo lineminute walkwalking distancejr stationtwin roompost officecoin laundrybuffet breakfastfree internettokyu handsvisit tokyodefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 24 August 2009

If you are sightseeing in Tokyo, you're pretty much spend your days outside of the hotel room right? So a super luxurious room wasn't really high on my list; convenience came first, second to helpfulness of the hotel staff and cleanliness of the rooms. I also figured cleanliness would not be an issue since this is Japan. I stayed here on three different occasions around June/July.

Location: This hotel is pretty [--] convenient. There's an airport shuttle that takes you from Narita right to the hotel. It is also about 2.5 blocks from the Shinjuku train station, so you can take the express train from Narita (or whatever JR train, or subway) to Shinjuku station. You exit the South East Terrace Exit, I believe, and when you walk out you can see KFC across the street, and further down Yoyogi street you can see a SunCourt Hotel sign (i think you need to walk to the intersection to see it). It's a fairly easy walk, just look at the map inside the train station, remember to learn how to use Japanese address system cuz it's totally not like the US postal system. If you take the Oedo subway line in, this is super easy: once you step off the train, go towards Exit A1, take the elevator up, follow the A1 exit signs out (you will be in the Maynards Building), which is RIGHT FREAKIN NEXT DOOR TO THE HOTEL. The Citibank is also in this building. We didn't realize when other people said its right at the entrance of the Oedo line, it really is RIGHT AT the entrance. It's nice cuz alot of the destinations u'd go on the Oedo line so you dont have to walk those few blocks to the crowded super station.

There is an AM/PM nearby, Lawsons in one of the smaller streets you'll pass by from Shinjuku station, cafe and lunch places/pub across the street. It's also walkable to the Tokyo Metropolitan Govt Building. I also love this location because you're so close to all the dept stores here. Tokyu hands, Takashiyama, Flags, Mylords, Lumine, Lumine2, Lumine Est, theres alot of places to shop. There's also a KFC and McDs along Yoyogi, across st from train station and 2.5 blocks away from hotel if you go north.

Staff and other helpful things the hotel has: There is a currency exchange machine that will rip you off. You're better off going to the Citibank ATM on ground level, or exchanging ur amex gift checks at the branch on the 9th or 11th floor of the building (and they have clean bathrooms up there). The hotel has a Tourist Destinations sheet that tells you what train/metro to take, and what station to get off at. This sheet is more accurate than the guide book and easier to bring around. Since you have several options to get to the airport, talk to the staff at the front and they can help you figure out which is best option depending on your flight time. If you need to book JR rail tix, and airport express trains, do it at the Ticket Office in Shinjuku train station. You can book limo shuttle at front desk. However, the front desk is NOT A CONCIERGE DESK (despite what some websites will say). We had to book a hut on Mt. Fuji and couldn't figure out how to use the phone system and the guy at the front desk REFUSED to help, REFUSED to call for us, even from our cell phone, and didn't want to call from the hotel phone. We ended up just calling from our hotel room (duh..) and it cost 40 cents for a 2 min. call. No biggie, but WTF man, If i was in an emergency, I would not be very happy with this service.

Hotel/Rooms: The hotel itself looks very modern, almost posh. There's an italian place downstairs, a cocktail place somewhere that charges $10-12 for a drink + service charge (uhhh..i'll go across the street..) and some massage thing. You can leave your suitcases with them, and they put it with all the other suitcases, and put this rope net over it. We had a standard double room the entire time, room was fairly small with not a lot of space to put all your crap, so I think it makes it hard for the cleaning staff to do anything when there's two suitcases and 2 backpacks in the room... I felt comfortable in the room, and slightly less comfortable in the bathroom. The bathrooms at all three different rooms I stayed at smelled of this sour sweat smell. I think this is because of how they have their tubs set up and where the water flows, but it ALWAYS SMELLS! I couldn't find anything actually dirty with the bathroom, (maybe the tub could have used some more scrubbing cuz it didnt feel smooth cuz of some soap scum) but pretty much it was the smell. Keep the bathroom door closed. Tiny bathroom, they always give you toothbrush+paste, shower cap, body sponge, shaver+cream. Sometimes my used toothbrush will be thrown away, other times it'll be sitting there. The staff also gave up "desanitizing" the hotel slippers after a while, which is really gross. I really wish they gave us disposable slippers like some of the other hotels. They also provide PJs.

I guess I sound really anal, but I'd still recommend staying in this hotel mainly it was one of the lowest priced hotels we could find, ~$100/night in the summer, and the convenience of the location (considering alot of surrounding hotels were $200+). The rooms are decent, just deal with the bathroom and you will be fine. It just feels great to exit the hotel and only walk to the building next door to get on the Oedo subway line. SO convenient.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tyao
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Spending 6 nights in the hotel, I did enjoy staying inside the room. I have been in Tokyo for so many times, this hotel room is not small. It had two single beds, 1 LCD TV, free Internet, a good size bathroom.
It's clean and comfortable, but the front desk, I don't know why, they were all lack of smile. It's okay but I expected a more warm welcome smile. (We are in Japan!).
And I did try the breakfast buffet once, it had so many option, Asian, Western, Japanese.
I can only say it's above average.
Location was the main reason that I picked this hotel. It's on the South side of the Shinjuku Station.
You can easily find a lot of eating places around the hotel, but I prefer to go to the East side of the Station.
In this price range, I do like to come back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The hotel was nicely done up, with comfy and rather clean rooms. However, do not expect anything more than that. Service was terrible, with rude and haughty reception staff. We left our luggage at the hotel reception at 1pm as we were too early for check-in and came back at about 8pm to do the check in instead. The receptionist was rude and kept chasing us to clear our luggage from the store area even though my friends were still putting away their passports after check in. When we queried about the airport bus the next day, and was still deciding to take the 7am or 8am bus, the receptionist was obviously irritated and told us to come back when we have decided, but warned that there are only limited seats.
Cleaning of the room was done half-heartedly. While towels were changed and the beds remade, there was no attention paid to other details. For example, socks we left on the floor outside the wardrobe to air, were thrown onto our beds.
While it was a comfy and rather clean hotel to stay in, there was no heart in the service that was provided. It was not something you would expect from such a well-established hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2009

We spent 4 nights here in a standard queen and a night in an economy double. The standard queen was a good size and even the economy double wasn't too small (although one side of the bed was against a wall). Staff were generally helpful although there was no possibility of checking in even slightly before the 2pm check-in time. English was generally limited but one or two staff spoke it well. Hotel was happy to keep our bags while we spent a night outside Tokyo.

We had breakfast in the hotel one morning and it was fairly decent - not great value but not dreadful either. There is a small guest lounge which includes 2 PCs with internet access - bedrooms have free wired internet access if you have a laptop with you.

Location wise the hotel is great - a short walk from Shinjuku station and 30 seconds from Shinjuku Metro station which has good connections to most of Tokyo (with a change here or there). AM/PM convenience store across the road and plenty of eateries within short walking distance. Major department stores are 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrnBruzer
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Location of hotel is perfect, within walking distant to the main JR station, subway metro, there is a station just next to the hotel. For shoppers Takashimaya is just across the bridge! Airport transfer right to doorsteps.Food, shoppings and train/subway stations are within 5 to 10 mins walk. 5 mins walk to this electric street that not only sell all electrical appliance but with resturants that the locals frequent, that serve very nice and reasonable cheap Japanes dishes.Hotel staff are efficient and helpful and especially the front desk staff speaks very good english.Intenet access in the room is superb, shampoo , conditioner and body wash come in family size bottles, fantastic!
The only minus point is the standard queen bed room has got no cupboard, its better of choosing the standard double bed room.
But on the whole its a very clean, comfortable and safe hotel.
we would rate it 9 out of 10.
From The Christou , Singapore