5,438 results
All reviews great location south exit family mart narita airport rooms are small minute walk walking distance jr station twin room post office buffet breakfast tokyu hands visit tokyo convenience store definitely stay here again krispy kreme vending machine
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I stayed here 8 nights and it was all good. The best things were the location right next to the Shinjuku stations and the 30% discount for staying 7 nights or more. I had a standard single room and thought the size was OK – although it was small all the furnishings and equipment fitted their niche precisely so the available space was used well.
I arrived by N’EX and when I got out of Shinjuku station at the South Terrace exit I couldn’t follow the forum posts on how to get to the hotel ; fortunately I had a picture of the hotel building and recognised where I had to go using that.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We stayed in a twin room at Hotel Sunroute Shinjuku for three nights. The staff and very efficient and quite friendly. Location is fantastic, 5 minute walk to the station and very close to lots of vibrant nightlife.

The rooms were modern, clean and quite spacious for Japanese standards. Free high speed internet. The breakfast buffet is quite good but you can eat a lot cheaper elsewhere - it was nice to see fresh fruit on the menu though :)

We had a wonderful stay in Japan and will recommend Hotel Sunroute Shinjuku to other travellers.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week with my partner as part of a 2-week trip in Japan. I am familiar with Tokyo and chose the Shinjuku area as it has decent nightlife and is convenient for both JR train and Tokyo metro subway lines.

I had a bit of trouble finding the hotel when I arrived (my fault for not checking properly before I left!) and had to call the concierge to find out. It is best to take the South or Southern Terrace exit from Shinjuku station and turn left at the big intersection after which it's fairly self-explanatory.

We had no issues with the hotel at all during our stay except that our room (double economy) was very much on the cozy side. This is common across many hotels in Japan though, it just takes some getting used to I think!

We tried the bar and the Italian restaurant at the hotel (once for dinner and once for breakfast) and both were very good. However there is an abundance of places to eat and drink as well as the ubiquitous convenience stores around the hotel so we certainly didn't lack options!

Overall I would recommend this hotel but perhaps go for the more expensive room as ours was really quite small.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The location of this hotel is fantastic. It is less than 5 minutes walk from the JR Station which makes it a perfect base for exploring Tokyo. Service was friendly and efficient. All the staff speak near perfect English. There is a shuttle bus service to both airports in Tokyo which was really handy for our departure. Hotel is clean, there is a bar and restaurant on the ground floor and you are only a few minutes walk from the madness of Shinjuku and all it offers!! My only gripe would be that the rooms are very small. However in fairness, I think that may be the case in Tokyo in general. The bed was an adequate size but the room itself was a bit cramped. It was very good value however. I would choose this hotel again for the location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

As mentioned in the previous 1000 reviews the Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is good value and recommended. Location is perfect, the rooms are equipped well above 3.5 stars standard anywhere except Japan, service is good, and the breakfast is wonderful and well worth the price even if not included in the room rate.

We stayed for 4 nights with our 3 year old girl, and my main concern before I made the booking was the room size. It took me a while to figure it out: If you are in a similar situation the smallest reasonable option is the twin room - the slightly less expensive double room is too small. The twin room is by no means big, but that's Tokyo, and except for the size, it had all we could ever need. The beds cannot be joined together, but that's the price you have to pay if you want both the room size and the room rate to be reasonable.

The hotel website won't allow booking for 2 adults and a child, but hotels.com gives that option at the same price. It is also possible to book 2 adults on the hotel website and coordinate the rest by email.

If you plan to check out late, consider enrolling as a Sunroute club member ($6) for a 1 pm check out – pretty good deal, and we could spend the early morning at the fish market and come back to pack with a comfortable margin.

• Trip type: Travelled with family