Ways to Experience Nezu Shrine
from US$67.11
from US$208.17
from US$80.00
More Info
All reviews azalea festival cherry blossom season azaleas kyoto torii japan spring matsuri thousands trees
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2019 via mobile

Nezu Shrine: This wasn't part of our itinerary originally but because the national museum was closed on the day we planned to visit , we decided to just explore around the area and found this smaller but beautiful shrine. Not your typical crowded touristy shrine in Japan, so we were able to just enjoy the peacefulness within the well manicured Japanese garden and setting of the place.

Reviewed 12 June 2019

Maybe because this was my first of many shrines in Tokyo, but it really was my favorite. I visited on a Friday afternoon the place was nearly empty. So quiet, peaceful and colorful. While it is one of the oldest shrines it is often considered one of the prettiest (which i did not realize until I got home) and I would totally agree. Certainly worth a visit!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2019 via mobile

I love this shrine, it‘s in quiet place with trees, river and a pond. The shrine is way smaller than the famous one in Asakusa but it‘s beautiful and less crowded too. We had even small cozy lunch under the tree there.

Reviewed 2 June 2019

One of Japan’s oldest shrine and perhaps most striking, set amidst huge trees and flowering azalea or つつじ shrubs with ponds, pathways and iconic colored charming wooden structures reflecting age old culture and beauty including several small vermillon colored toriis. Visited on a Sunday and there was not much visitors and was able to go around slowly and take time to get pictures. Some blooms still remains but all in all so peaceful and beautiful place to spend the day. It is free to enter and about 5minutes walk from Nezu Station (Chiyoda Line).

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank eTaka
Reviewed 31 May 2019

I walked here from my hotel I was staying at. This is a rather smaller shrine but very colorful. Some small street vendors setup shop outside the shrine and sell little trinkets and gifts which are lovely. I ended up buying a cute cat clock to take home with me. This site is a must go to when out walking on a sunny day. There are small seats and benches to sit on while eating lunch at the shrine as well.