Lowest prices for your stay
US$71
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
PricelineUS$64
Hotels.comUS$71
Lol.travelUS$88
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is a comfortable hotel with all the amenities one might expect from well-known chain of hotels. It is located close to Sakai subway station, restaurants and shops.

Service was very good although not all reception staff understood English. Breakast was not included in the tariff but was good value with wide range of food, Japanese and Western.

My one criticism was the size of the bedroom. It was the smallest I have encountered during several visits to Japan. My wife and I stayed five nights and found that one needs good humour and a sense of the ridiculous to handle it. I guess that is what travelling is all about.

Room tip: Unsuitable for over weight guests.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
アパホテル名古屋栄, フロント オフィス マネージャー at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your staying and comment to our hotel.
If you come to Nagoya again, please stay our hotel.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, the rooms are small but normal for Japan standard.
The big plus is the Onsen on the roof, it's so good after a busy day to just relax in it. There is a part inside and one outside.
It's in the middle of a animated neighborhood, lot of good places for food.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
アパホテル名古屋栄, フロント オフィス マネージャー at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Thank you for your staying and comment to our hotel.
If you come to Nagoya again, please stay our hotel.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Booked a semi-double room for 1 night, 2 adults.
We drove to the hotel, arrived on Friday night around 11pm, and realized this hotel is located in the heart of the night club area. The hotel parking was full, and got directed to the park down the street. The personnel at the hotel parking was very nice, he ran and show us where to park. It was a 5 mins walk from the hotel cost around $10 CAD per night.
We managed to drag our luggage s and walk through the crowds on the street. Didn't feel safe cuz you can tell people standing on the street were looking for business, guys and women.

The hotel lobby reminds me of the 80's. The room was very small, I am a bit disappointed as I did pay a bit more for the double room. Carpet was dirty, and I can smell the cigarettes even I asked for the non-smoking room.

The location of the hotel was great. 10 mins walking distance to Mastuzake, and other famous department shop. 5 mins walk will take you the famous Nagoya coffee chain store. Be careful if you head out early in the morning especially after the weekend. That was the dirtiest street i have seen in Japan.

My overall experience with this hotel is disappointed.

Room tip: pick a newer hotel
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
アパホテル名古屋栄, reception at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your visit to “APA hotel Nagoya Sakae”.
First of all, we apologize that you felt disappointed your stay especially that room’s carpet was dirty and you smelt cigarettes in non- smoking room. We should have checked the room beforehand. We will cooperate with house-keeping company tightly.
Our hotel is located at the center of the city, so there are a lot of hot spots around our hotel and also you can go to Sakae subway station and shopping area easily.

We are pleased that you praised our hotel parking staff. Every staff will improve service together.

<APA HOTEL NAGOYA SAKAE> Clerk Umezu

Reviewed 27 July 2016

This was my first experience staying at an APA hotel. We booked into it (and several other APAs during this trip) because it has an onsen.

The first thing I noticed was that the bed was really soft, in the 'bad' way. The mattress was clearly old and therefore not very comfortable. (At a later APA, I also had a soft mattress but that one was firm, clearly new but with a topper. There's a difference.) This hotel really needs to upgrade its beds.

Apart from that everything was fine: room a decent size, free wifi and LAN, air conditioning etc. They have a scheme whereby they don't change your sheets every day for environmental reasons, but give you a free bottle of water instead. I liked that.

The onsen was okay, but the outdoor part of that is very small, just two small tubs. Did the business, though.

I won't stay there again because of the bad mattresses (my friends had the same issue) but generally it's a decent place, and well connected by subway.

Room tip: Ask if they have beds with new mattresses.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
アパホテル名古屋栄, front staff at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

First of all, we apologize that you felt uncomfortable in your stay, especially with the bed. We use “Cloud fit bed” which makes you feel sleep on cloud. If you feel uncomfortable, we will support as much as possible.

We carry out “Eco-Friendly Housekeeping”. That is we do not usually change your duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases. However, if you corporate with this eco-action, we will provide a bottle of mineral water per day. If you want to change the linen, please contact the front desk. The bed linen will be replaced with new linen every fourth day of your stay.

<APA HOTEL NAGOYA SAKAE> Clerk Umezu

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

The room is equipped with the bare necessities of bed, bath, vanity mirror, air conditioning, hair dryer, an outlet for your smartphone, and a refrigerator. You get the toiletries including individually packed or wrapped hair brush! Shampoo and conditioner come in big containers and just get refilled.
The room I got has a window but with no view so I just kept the curtains shut. Besides, I'm there just to sleep, take a shower, then off I go again the following day.
The hotel served its basic purpose including breakfast. The breakfast was fine but it could improve a lot like fresh fruits being served more.
So overall, I agree with the other reviewer, wherein if you go to this hotel with an open mind, you'll survive and you get what you pay for.
If you can afford more, then you may want to choose other more highly rated hotels.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
アパホテル名古屋栄, Front clerk at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

Thank you for staying at “APA hotel Nagoya Sakae” and taking the time to share your feedback on your visit.

As you mentioned, our every room is equipped with the necessities of bed, bath, desk, TV, vanity mirror, air-conditioner, hair dryer, outlets for your phone, and a refrigerator. Also we have the toiletries such as teeth blushes, tooth pastes, shavers, combs and so on. Shampoo, conditioner and body soap are attached as well in every room.

Our hotel is at city center and surrounded by many buildings, so there are not many rooms whose view is great. However, we will prepare a room whose view is good as much as possible if you request in advance.

We serve breakfast which is buffet with Japanese and Western style from 6:30 to 09:30 on weekdays and from 6:30 to 10:00 on weekends. We appreciate that you pointed out about our breakfast. We will improve our breakfast menu as soon as possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.
All of us look forward to seeing you again.

<APA HOTEL NAGOYA SAKAE> Front clerk Umezu