Lowest prices for your stay
US$71
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
Hotels.comUS$71
Priceline
Lol.travelUS$88
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

The only good thing about this hotel is its proximity to sakae and the sites. They have poor service in this hotel if you're not caucasian. The person in the reception was not warm and welcoming when I was the one in front of her. However, when my friend took my place, the receptionist suddenly was very accommodating. We decided to cancel our booking (good thing they didn't charge us) and we found a better hotel to stay at.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Garbs1209
Reviewed 12 November 2017

the APA hotel chain has always provided clean good value accommodation when I am in Japan .The staff and hotel were fine , the room was small but comfortable and clean , the spa was good and the breakfast was ok . The noise from the nightclub area it is in the middle of however, went on till 5am was very annoying , the area was a little sleazy by Japanese standards .

Room tip: get a room away from the street , very noisy
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
アパホテル名古屋栄, フロント 吉川 at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is a comfortable hotel with all the amenities one might expect from well-known chain of hotels. It is located close to Sakai subway station, restaurants and shops.

Service was very good although not all reception staff understood English. Breakast was not included in the tariff but was good value with wide range of food, Japanese and Western.

My one criticism was the size of the bedroom. It was the smallest I have encountered during several visits to Japan. My wife and I stayed five nights and found that one needs good humour and a sense of the ridiculous to handle it. I guess that is what travelling is all about.

Room tip: Unsuitable for over weight guests.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
アパホテル名古屋栄, フロント オフィス マネージャー at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, the rooms are small but normal for Japan standard.
The big plus is the Onsen on the roof, it's so good after a busy day to just relax in it. There is a part inside and one outside.
It's in the middle of a animated neighborhood, lot of good places for food.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
アパホテル名古屋栄, フロント オフィス マネージャー at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Booked a semi-double room for 1 night, 2 adults.
We drove to the hotel, arrived on Friday night around 11pm, and realized this hotel is located in the heart of the night club area. The hotel parking was full, and got directed to the park down the street. The personnel at the hotel parking was very nice, he ran and show us where to park. It was a 5 mins walk from the hotel cost around $10 CAD per night.
We managed to drag our luggage s and walk through the crowds on the street. Didn't feel safe cuz you can tell people standing on the street were looking for business, guys and women.

The hotel lobby reminds me of the 80's. The room was very small, I am a bit disappointed as I did pay a bit more for the double room. Carpet was dirty, and I can smell the cigarettes even I asked for the non-smoking room.

The location of the hotel was great. 10 mins walking distance to Mastuzake, and other famous department shop. 5 mins walk will take you the famous Nagoya coffee chain store. Be careful if you head out early in the morning especially after the weekend. That was the dirtiest street i have seen in Japan.

My overall experience with this hotel is disappointed.

Room tip: pick a newer hotel
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
アパホテル名古屋栄, reception at APA Hotel Nagoya Sakae, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your visit to “APA hotel Nagoya Sakae”.
First of all, we apologize that you felt disappointed your stay especially that room’s carpet was dirty and you smelt cigarettes in non- smoking room. We should have checked the room beforehand. We will cooperate with house-keeping company tightly.
Our hotel is located at the center of the city, so there are a lot of hot spots around our hotel and also you can go to Sakae subway station and shopping area easily.

We are pleased that you praised our hotel parking staff. Every staff will improve service together.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.

<APA HOTEL NAGOYA SAKAE> Clerk Umezu