“Nice place for family lunch”
Review of Finley's Cafe

Finley's Cafe
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We some sandwiches and jacket potato and it was all very good. service a little slow but very friendly. Great location and a nice place to have lunch with the family. Crab sandwich was good.

1  Thank James D

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

I came here for fish and chips on a busy bank holiday weekend and the service was excellent, service time was slower due to the high volume of orders and being the only takeaway fish n chips for miles! We were made aware of the time but the food was well worth it! Don't see what the other persons review was about, just impatience:)

1  Thank 21Taylor21
Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

Visited Lulworth cove with my wife and 5 month old. I really fancied some fish and chips and so chanced Finley's fish bar. I had a chips and 'fish of the day' and the wife a portion of chips. She waited at the counter for them and when they came they put both portions of chips onto one tray which looked the same size as a single portion. £4 pounds worth of chips! I don't think so. I would of challenged them but thought I'm on holiday and really don't want to cause a scene. It's not the point if you order two portions of chips and a fish of the day you should expect that not a single portion and a fish of the day because they can't be bothered. £8 for ALL that as well. While I mention it the fish of the day wasn't very well presented either. The gentlemen serving weren't particularly bothered or friendly either. A beautiful part of the world to visit and you get attitude. We noticed a couple of other tables having problems with the cafe. People sitting outside on the benches with food ordered from the adjoining café and having to wait a while for food to turn up. It was obvious to see through the body language of these people that they were not impressed. I think one lad came out and said to one of the tables what did you order and said they had an extra baguette and couldn't work out who it was for. They had given the couple at the table a wooden spoon with an order number on. Seemed quite disorganised for a Friday in early June when really it was quieter than expected at Lulworth and so the cafe was quieter. I don't usually post reviews but due to my strong feelings about this thought I would share my sentiments.

5  Thank Agadoo789
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Very busy location and a bit of a tourist trap. Outdoor seating is lovely.

Drinks were okay, cakes average. Service indifferent.

Reviewed 30 May 2015

An awesome ice cream parlour wth 26 delicious flavours, even have a milkshake made of any of the flavours!
This parlours even caters for those who suffer from lactose and gluten problems. (http://celiac sanctuary.co.UK/review/Finleys-Ice-Cream-Lulworth).
Located in the centre of the village, you can't miss it as there are life sized model cows also enjoying the ice cream! The ice cream is made by Marsh fields. A trip to the seaside isn't complete without a decent ice cream in your hand!

1  Thank Hampshirehogg