Tayside Hotel(Stanley)
The Linn(Stanley)
bedfinder
Four Seasons(Stanley)
Travelocity
All reviewsthe main hotelafternoon teariverside roomdrawing roomoverlooking the riverdining roomfine diningextensive groundscourse dinnerlong drivewaybeautiful hotelcountry hotelwine listan overnight stayfirst classsalmonscones
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Used itson voucher for a 1 night stay , as we had our dog with us we were happy to be in Riverside rooms a short distance from main hotel, decor a bit tired in places but room on first floor nice with a small balcony overlooking a lovely view over river. Breakfast was served in main hotel which we walked to , might not been so keen if it had been raining!
Service and staff impeccable as well as friendly. Breakfast was a bit of style oversubstance for me ( why decant your selection of fruit juices into big old style bottles so guests have to fuss about opening them ? What's wrong with a jug ? Jam decanted into mini Kilner jars as was the marmalade why ?am I meant to think they are homemade?)
And if you are going to operate a turndown service at least give me a chocolate on my pillow when you have invaded my privacy.
For what we paid (including the extra for our dog!) I was a little bit let down Would I have payed the room rate ....... No

Room Tip: Nice view from Riverside but make sure you do not mind the walk to hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna L
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The staff here were great very attentive and friendly .The food was out of this world.The grounds were lovely great for walking and was very peaceful,but there wasn't much to do when it rained. What let's it down for me is the accommodation over priced although very clean .The sportsman lodges were out dated and to be honest smelled. We upgrade .Find it hard to be harsh as everything else was good

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights originally we were booked for the sportsmanship lodges but were upgraded to the riverside. After reading some reviews on the sportsmanship lodge we were pleased to be upgraded and just as well, because they look like toilet blocks from the outside, however, the rooms in the riverside are ok but the hotel lets itself down with attention to detail. Room 14 had clearly not had a good clean for several months as the skirting boards were filthy both in the bedroom and bathroom. The pillows had a clear smell of body odour although the linen was clean. The headboards had clear marks where previous occupants had been...... Not a good look. The in room manual stated a Ballathie breakfast was on the menu but not cooked, this dissapointed us especially when we were informend on last day that this was available in the main building.... Why could they not say in the room info or at reception on arrival? On the plus side the hotel is situated in a beautiful area and stunning grounds. Such a shame about our stay and reception did not seem too interested.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Picked this hotel for location and excellent reviews given on trip advisor. It is situated on the banks of the Tay and is ideally suited for a sporting break or just a nice relaxing weekend.
The staff from arrival to departure, were professional, helpful, polite and plentiful. Nice to stay somewhere with a lot of staff on hand.
We had a lovely room in the main house overlooking the river, which was clean and comfortable. However, I had messed up a little, by booking a twin room rather than a double....wife not happy. I had realised this mistake when booking through Booking com and had used their messaging service to change to a double, however the hotel did not receive this request, so if you need to make a change, go direct to the hotel.
The menu caters for all tastes, good food and a good selection of wines, again we couldn't fault the service.
We enjoyed an evening walk along the banks of the Tay within the hotel grounds, avoid wearing good shoes or high heels, as the path can be wet and slightly muddy in places.
Breakfast service was excellent, good selection of food (hot/cold) to suit all.
I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends & family

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the house on the eastern side, as it over looks the Tay.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017

3 years on we returned to Ballathie for a birthday lunch for my mother. The lunch price is higher during the summer but at 23.95 for 3 courses it is still excellent value. Lovely food, beautifully presented and good service. Worth stopping by for a special occasion meal.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family