Boca Chita Key Campground
TownePlace Suites
US$109
US$84
Courtyard
WoodSpring Suites Miami Southwest(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$88
Hotels.com
US$145
US$127
US$136
US$119
Courtyard
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$124
Hotels.com
US$67
RodewayInn
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2008

Very nice place to visit on boat we stayed there overnight and it was so nice, just bring bug spray it's like all places there is always a animal or insect to shake things up, Key West is not a good place to sleep rooster city.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank momlovesfishing
Reviewed 30 November 2006

I took a day sailing trip out there with my new wife any we absolutely loved it, Our Capt set up a BBQ for us in the very clean pick nick area, the bugs were almost nil as we walked one of the Key paths around., The water was a little chilly as we did a little snorkeling off the beach, We felt as if we had the key to our selves as there were only 3 other boats there when we arrived for a day trip. The other boaters that were there were very friendly, We found our selves sharing some snacks, drinks, and friendly banter till we sailed off. I will definitely go back on another weekday for another romantic day with my wife.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jersig
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2006

I have camped many times on Boca Chita and have always had a great time. The channel into the harbor is well marked and the harbor itself is excellent and well sheltered. On the weekends try to arrive early as the harbor fills up quickly. Another option is to arrive at dusk, when the many day boaters have departed. The island is relatively small (one can walk around the entire key in about 15 minutes). If you have kids, this is great because you can let them run loose without having to worry. Typically there are also plenty of other kids on the island, as well as many exploring opportunities, so the kids will always have a great time on their own. One can relax and enjoy the beautiful view of Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The campsites are good and I have never seen more than 10 other tents at a time at the campsites. The harbor is typically lively at night (i.e. noisy), but in general the 10pm limit for playing music is respected. The one time I was there when a boat didn't heed this rule, a Miami Dade Police boat showed up relatively quickly and silenced the offender. I have also noticed that many of the same boats are there every weekend which adds a nice neighborly feel to the harbor. The bathroom facilities are relatively well maintained and a cleaning crew shows up every Sunday morning to clean them. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing place to camp, Boca Chita is great. Where else in South Florida can you have an ocean view a few yards from the water for $15 a night? My only warning would be to make sure to clear out before noon on Sundays. After that, a hoard of Sunday boaters descends upon the island with plenty of loud music, shouting and beer guzzling.... The transformation is rather shocking. While the times I have stayed on Boca Chita the bugs have been at a minimum (Jan - Mar), I would highly recommend bringing some bug spray with you as they do come out in the evening.

Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Dania, FL
Reviewed 11 January 2005

Advice from a native redneck: tour Boca Chita and Elliot between November and March. Bugs are then at a minimum, but carry some bug spray tp be sure. I was just out there and had a delightful stay at Elliot.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2004

I love Boca Chita. I took a trip there with Biscayne Sailing. We camped out. The place is beautiful, best to visit on weekdays. Bugs are around wherever you camp. That's part of camping. Having boats and a captain made this trip more excellent.

• Stayed: April 2004, travelled on business