We booked a cabin at Furnace Creek and were glad we chose this particular option among the limited choices available. Furnace Creek Inn is reviewed here under the same title, but it should have a separate listing - it's a completely separate place and much more expensive and upscale. That said, we were glad we chose a cabin over a place by the pool and the grass because it was quieter there, and for us the point was to "get away" out into nature, not to hear other people at the pool or the tennis courts. Plus I really enjoyed my early morning stroll down to the end of the short road which terminated in the palm tree grove, where I saw a coyote one morning and lots of birds another.
The cabin was very small and basic, and more like a motel room than an attractive log cabin would be, but it served our needs fine. We especially enjoyed sitting on the front patio with our coffee and tea in the morning or with a beer in the evening. The coffee maker and hair dryer in the room were much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis at Death, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Death Valley and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Death Valley. The Inn at Death Valley offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Death Valley has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Death Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Oasis at Death Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley