“Decent Dinner”
Review of Yavapai Tavern

Yavapai Tavern
Reviewed 15 February 2018

This review is for the smaller tavern attached to the cafeteria area.
when we went it was pretty crowded but the food was good and the beer selection was ok.
service was a little overworked but capable.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed in the options and prices at the main Yavapai restaurant. This restaurant turned out to be incredible and a good value. It was fantastic, and they have a great selection of drinks and local beers as well. I recommend that anyone staying at Yavapai who isn't interested in the cafeteria-style dining experience should check this place out!

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

My husband & I took a trip to Grand Canyon and were expecting bad food in the village based on the other reviews, but this place was awesome! We almost missed it bc we didn’t see it & almost went into the restaurant. So glad we went here! The beer was great... I got elk chili & then my husband & I split the southwestern philly & the turkey Reuben... both were amazing!! The Reuben had a cheese skirt & was one of the best sandwiches we had ever had honestly. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We had a room with 2 queen beds, the room had a small refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, but no microwave. Remember to conserve water and a few reminders at the hotel. There is a sand timer in the shower to help with your assistance to conserve, and if you can re-use your towels that is helpful too. They furnish large pump containers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
The room was clean, the pillows and bed comfy. We hardly spent time in the room since the adventure is waiting for you elsewhere. I'd recommend staying here. But if you have deep pockets and want a view of canyon steps away, then there's the Bright Angel Lodge and El Tovar.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We had lunch here. The menu is a bit small, but the prices are good and the food was decent. They have a bison chili that was terrific. It was a quaint little spot and it was not very busy. It has a gift store attached to the restaurant.