“Mother/son teen hike”

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My son wanted to climb his first "summit", but really had little experience hiking. I asked a local young man about potential summit climbs and he suggested Flat Top Mountain.

The Trail was moderate at best for me, and we arrived at the summit shortly before a huge storm broke loose. However, I was glad I had the experience,I had it with my 18 year old son, and he was totally blown away by the experience. He and I learned a lot about the experience, and we were glad we came prepared. Luckily we had proper clothing for cold weather, as well as very warm areas on the climb. I still brag about our experience to this day.

I would only suggest this summit to those who are pretty agile (parents) and can handle some pretty steep climbing areas. The trail and summit were absolutely "beautiful"....to say the least.

4  Thank Marion B