“Fun Horseback ride”

Grant Grove Stables
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We rode horses as a family only one in our party had much experience. Horses were energetic and willing but calm and the trail was just beautiful. They charged us for a two hour trail but we rode about a half hour longer. Definitely worth the money

4  Thank DiCeeD
in 8 reviews
"park"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We took a two hour trail ride in August. It was a nice slow ride with mild mannered horses, they only needed a small bit of direction at times. Really good for our inexperienced riders. Our guide was pleasant and pointed out many interesting trees and plants. She was also very willing to tell us all about the horses, the climate and ecology in the area, and about where she was from. It wasn't the most stunningly scenic route ever, but a really pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Very dusty though, very dry.

1  Thank Jen C
Reviewed 5 August 2016

My youngest daughter loves horses so this excursion was all for her. We booked the 2 hour trip and I was a little skeptical due to some of the other reviews I read about the stables. The ride ended up being the highlight of my trip to King's Canyon. Our horses appeared well cared for and the staff were all very friendly. Our guide pointed out a few things but overall, she didn't talk much. That and the slower pace allowed me to enjoy the peacefulness of the sequoia forests. Having someone chat at me for 2 hours telling me every little fact about each tree would be terrible. Matter of opinion I guess but I loved that I was able to enjoy my quiet, peaceful ride with my thoughts while enjoying my surrounding. The area is experiencing a drought so the trail was dusty. Bring something to change into afterwards. Overall, everyone in our family enjoyed ourselves and it will be a lasting good memory.

2  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

The ride itself was ok, the horses were easy to handle. This is not a "guided" tour. Heather spoke in as few words as possible. Only pointed out General Grant and Sequoia Lake. Besides that she had no info to offer. We asked a few questions but got 2 word answers.

There's a sign that says "tip your guide if you like the ride". The guide didn't even stick around to receive a tip after the ride. She left as soon as she got off her horse.

It is not worth the money. Don't expect to get any information about Sequoia, only a 2 hr silent ride. It almost feels as if they're annoyed that you're there.

4  Thank Tracie N
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This trip to the sequoia and kings canyon was a dream come true visit! The area is just breathtaking and viewing these majestic trees are absolutely stunning and unreal! Everyone should have the ability to view and spend time here taking in the beauty of these trees and nature all around! The park is clean with plenty of space and we didn't find it crowded at all even in mid June! The weather was specatcular as well for viewing everything!