“Get on a horse in Kings Canyon National Park”

Grant Grove Stables
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I have not been on a trail ride for 14 years, so I'm totally inexperienced, but this ride was easy despite lots of changes in elevation, very good horses and trail leader, and the views were beautiful. It was also great to get to see parts of the park you wouldn't otherwise see and get away from some of the crowds. Totally worth it.

1  Thank Jessica R
in 8 reviews
"park"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We had been in the go for over a week, touring national parks and hiking. Letting a horse be our legs was a nice change of pace! We had a great time! Lobster and Levi treated us well and our guide was super friendly and informative! Would do this again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We rode horses as a family only one in our party had much experience. Horses were energetic and willing but calm and the trail was just beautiful. They charged us for a two hour trail but we rode about a half hour longer. Definitely worth the money

4  Thank DiCeeD
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We took a two hour trail ride in August. It was a nice slow ride with mild mannered horses, they only needed a small bit of direction at times. Really good for our inexperienced riders. Our guide was pleasant and pointed out many interesting trees and plants. She was also very willing to tell us all about the horses, the climate and ecology in the area, and about where she was from. It wasn't the most stunningly scenic route ever, but a really pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Very dusty though, very dry.

1  Thank Jen C
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2016

My youngest daughter loves horses so this excursion was all for her. We booked the 2 hour trip and I was a little skeptical due to some of the other reviews I read about the stables. The ride ended up being the highlight of my trip to King's Canyon. Our horses appeared well cared for and the staff were all very friendly. Our guide pointed out a few things but overall, she didn't talk much. That and the slower pace allowed me to enjoy the peacefulness of the sequoia forests. Having someone chat at me for 2 hours telling me every little fact about each tree would be terrible. Matter of opinion I guess but I loved that I was able to enjoy my quiet, peaceful ride with my thoughts while enjoying my surrounding. The area is experiencing a drought so the trail was dusty. Bring something to change into afterwards. Overall, everyone in our family enjoyed ourselves and it will be a lasting good memory.

2  Thank Brandon H