Ways to Experience The Narrows
More Info
from US$1,500.00
More Info
3,522 results
All reviews walking stick wall street neoprene socks water shoes the river dry bag water depth orderville canyon zion outfitters ankle support your feet waterproof camera unique hike hiking sticks special shoes slippery rocks dry suit
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An absolutely fabulous hike. It’s truly unique and spectacular. Would tell everyone and their friends to do this if considering zion. But just as important is getting the proper equipment. We could not have done the hike without a walking stick and rented water shoes. For us - they were a must. Again - can’t speak more highly of this hike. And we did do it with an 8 and 10 year old. Make sure you stick with the hike to “wall street” where the river forks. Unbelievable beauty.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A bucket list item that lives up to its name and the hype! We had an absolute blast hiking the Narrows! It was so beautiful and interesting and unique. As an experienced hiker I did not believe that I needed the hiking stick nor the water shoes that they ask you to rent at the beginning of the Park. My wife however chose to get them. Upon reflection I would definitely choose to bring to hiking poles but my water shoes worked just fine. They highly recommend close toed water shoes and I couldn’t agree more. There were people out there in Choco’s and Teva’s who were complaining about their toes being pinched by the rocks all the time. I had a pair of clothes toed shoes by Columbia that were perfect for this adventure. My wife was very happy with her water shoes that she rented from the front of the park.

3  Thank 995allanl
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great hike - but it is literally everything you read in the reviews
Amazing - yes
Crazy busy - yes
Difficult in places - a little
Rent the shoes - absolutely not (just need close toed shoes in summer)
Find or buy a walking stick - yup, that's the one thing you need if you don't want to fall in multiple times!

1  Thank mollyjo77
Reviewed 1 July 2021

This unique hike provides a different perspective to see the majestic mountains and formations. This hike is very challenging as it is all rock and sand. Hiking poles are a must to get through this hike. We rented "The Narrows package" from Zion Outfitters, which I highly recommend-- a wooden hiking stick, water shoes and water socks (neoprene socks).

I did fall on this hike a few times and ended up at with a sprained knee and a knee brace (after xrays at a nearby Springdale med clinic), but even with my injury, I am glad my family experienced this and we got some cool pictures.

We hiked about 3 hours at The Narrows, you could spend a little time up to an entire day on this hike.

Shuttle required to get to this hike.

Reviewed 26 June 2021 via mobile

We had a lot of teenagers in our group and all had the best time of their lives. We took about 6 hours to complete the trail. Would love to go back.