1,174 results
All reviews bison buffalo vista meadow view champagne suite porch swing jacuzzi tub buffalo roam farm animals farm to table miniature horses front porch dvd player horseback riding log cabin gas stove on site restaurant east entrance
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Came here for a two night stay to explore Zion. Would highly recommend it , beautiful scenery in the grounds. Cabins were everything you would need them to be in a remote location. Delicious food in the restaurant and epic views. Really helpful staff and close to Zion. I’d definitely stay here rather than in the park as it would just get so busy in there. Mainly home grown food - grow all their own veg and have chickens and make their own bread etc. Really great hotel/ranch.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I ended up staying here while hiking in Zion since my trip was last minute and everything in Springdale was completely booked, but I'm so glad I did! The ranch has so many neat things like herds of bison and horses, and I wish I had stayed an extra night just to explore the ranch since I spent most of my time in the park. The cabins were a nice size for a family and very clean.

The only downside is that the ranch is a bit of a drive from Zion, it took anywhere from 30 minutes without traffic to over an hour if the tunnel was backed up.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

This place is great if you like peaceful, slow pace, great farm to table restaurant, nice gift shop, helpful staff, view of a buffalo herd, just outside Zion National Park. I highly recommend this place if visiting Zion. It is a short drive to the park.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2018

My husband and I had both a lovely and disheartening stay. We found the property beautiful, the cabin comfortable, the buffalo majestic, and the restaurant of good quality. The staff are attentive and accommodating. What was disheartening, though, was the lives the properties' animals appear to lead, and the fact that easy fixes could drastically improve their situation. This includes how the guests treat the animals, the sufficiency of their shelters, and the access they have to exhibit natural behaviors.

We watched from the restaurant window as three older children mercilessly chased a rabbit to exhaustion, and then grabbed it by the hind leg while it continued to struggle to get away. I went outside to ask them to stop, and they did.

None of the enclosures appeared to be cleaned while we were there (3 nights). Many of the animals walked around or even stood in their own mess. The shelter available for the large horses has no sides and can only accommodate a few animals of nearly two dozen; a miniature horse and pregnant goat had no shelter at all. It was cold and raining the morning we left, and the pregnant goat was standing outside while the rest of the group huddled under a structure made of old wood pallets in an adjacent enclosure.

Finally, an isolated miniature horse paced in his enclosure day in and day out. It was sad to see him so anxious. When we mentioned this to the staff, we were told he can't be with other horses. Could he be with other animals, then? Or at least be let out or taken for a walk each day?

The other horses, while at least together, appear to stand in their dirt paddock all day unless someone rides them. The goats have nothing to climb or jump on. The property has hundreds of acres, it seems using just a small portion of that for these animals would be an easy adjustment.

Zion and this ranch are special. The landscape is mysterious and majestic. If the ranch is about honoring this special place, and profiting from the experience guests have with the animals, they should be a bigger priority.

A few simple recommendations we would offer:
- Post a sign telling your guests and their children your expectations for treatment of your animals (or a notice with the welcome materials).
- Make moderate improvements to ensure all the animals can choose to get out of the sun or the weather if they wish.
- Assign a staff member each day to ensure the cages and enclosures, and water, are clean.
- Expand the space your animals have to play, roam, and explore. Let your horses into pasture more frequently. Give your goats a larger area where they could have structures to climb. Let the miniature horses exercise even if no one pays for it.

We would gladly return to the ranch someday if we understood it was more committed to its animals.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank landoburgh
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We had a quiet cabin right across from the buffalo herd. It was beautiful with a lovely porch. Dinner at the lodge was delicious and the staff could not have been more friendly. There were chickens, goats, burros and bunnies hanging about as well. There were lots of activities available like horseback riding though we did not take advantage of those. If ever in the area again I would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family