“Some things great, others inconsistant”
Review of Laguna's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Laguna's
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Lagunas has been open a couple years now in a typically tough spot on Pensacola Beach's Boardwalk. Through the times we've been there, they do some things very well, and others you just need to stay away from. I love their fish tacos, and they have been pretty nearly consistently good. My husband likes the meatloaf sandwich, which also is awesome. Friends of ours once ordered oysters, and the smell of them as they came to the table should have been enough to warn the waitress it was inappropriate to serve them. Maybe it was just a bad night for them. The last time we were there, my husband tried something new, the crawfish po'boy, and pronounced the crawfish right up there with tasteless frozen fish. He wished he'd stuck with the meatloaf sandwich. The fried chicken has been enjoyed by those who order it. Sides can be tasty. The sweet potato hash is truly sweet, with sausage giving a saltiness to balance the syrup. Coleslaw is good.

Their location is a good one to watch the parade on the Boardwalk. You can sit inside or out, also a plus. Prices are reasonable. It's seldom crowded.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I dined here with our 9 month old while vacationing in Pensacola. One night we decided to walk on the boardwalk to find somewhere for dinner. We stumbled upon Laguna, and decided to go in. Being in a tourist area, I was expecting high prices and mediocre food, but I was pleasantly surprised! The prices were reasonable, and the food was awesome! We were there during their happy hour, so my husband enjoyed their 25 cents raw oyster special. Then we split the nachos appetizer. These were phenomenal! Not your regular nachos. They had bell peppers, cilantro, and apples on them just to name a few of the toppings. They were delicious! My husband had the fish tacos, which he said these were the best he ever had. The ambiance was really nice, and they had Blue Moon on draft (score!). The service was great too. The hostess was super accommodating and took care of our stroller for us. Our server was attentive and even entertained the baby for a minute. Being from New Orleans and enjoying great food all the time, we don't usually expect very much from restaurants in other places, but this place was great. I would highly recommend trying it!

1  Thank IrishNewOrleansLady
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I really look at the cleanliness of bathrooms in regards to the cleanliness of there resturant ! My wife and I where there on 07/24/2012 . The place was not crowed . My wife went to the ladies room & appone retuning complained that the bathroom floor was filled with dirty water with you don't no what it is . Her paints would get ruined ! It is totally WRONG . For patrons to deal with this . The fish tacos are great . All food is 4 Star .

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our family of 5 (2 kids) enjoyed Laguna's during our annual Pensacola Beach vacation. We sat outside to eat, so we didn't get a feel for the vibe of the place inside. Kids' menu is normal priced for any sit-down restaurant. Entrees a tad on the pricey side for the style, but we loved the food! My fish tacos were yummy with a spicy kick. I got the side of nassau grits, which went well with the fish tacos. My husband got the shrimp po-boy, which he enjoyed, and the moms got fried oyster po-boy, which she enjoyed. Our waitress, Alex, was excellent. We will definitely go back if they're still there in the years to come.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We went there for dinner. Our waitress was friendly. My 7 year old was given a coloring page and no crayons, she said they had run out. The sprite was tasteless and she told us that it had run out and would take them a while to mix in some more:-0. For the food, I had the fish tacos, they were ok. The tables were not clean. They gave me no reason to want to go back.

2  Thank sandsmom