US$34
US$14
Hostel Los Abuelos(Moyogalpa)(Great Value!)
US$14
Hotel Nicaraus(Moyogalpa)
US$30
Hostel Coco's(Moyogalpa)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewshonor systemgreat placelaid backminute walkstayed longerbreakfast was deliciousfive nightsomeletteplace to staybeautiful spotlarge cabinhighly recommend this placelots of spacein townnew ownersclean roomsshared bathroom
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

If I could give 10/5 stars for this Hostel, I would. Firstly the location is ideal. It’s just off the main strip so it’s super easy to access but you can also get away from any noise when you need/want to.

The accomodation set up is beautiful, we (three girls) stayed in a private cabinet for and had three separate beds; one queen and two singles. There was plenty of room and a cute 5 piece furniture set on the private balcony with a hammock.

The thing that sets Hospedaje Soma apart from other hostels isn’t the brand new pool or the delicious (included) breakfast; it’s the hospitality and kindness we experienced from the staff (particularly Javier) and the lovely owner Michelle. At your convenience they show you an information booklet they created about the island and will then sit and chat to you if you have any questions.

Furthermore, we had a particularly embarrassing typical tourist/scooter accident and they went above and beyond to assist us to, from and at the hospital itself. We are truely grateful.

- Naomi, Elise & Vanessa

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stayed for one night before taking the ferry back to the mainland. But let me tell you - I wish I stayed longer! What a great space - massive rooms with hooks to hang things, shelves to put things on, and the luxury of being able to spread out (which is a gift when living out of a backpack).

We opted for the shared bathroom, which was totally fine. It got a little hot and muggy in the bathroom after a shower, as there is no window to air it out, but it was nice and clean and had space to put your belongings while showering.

The dining/lounge area is big and bright, and they have loads of books, games and snacks to keep you entertained. Not to mention a new swimming pool that would have been delightful to lounge by if we had more time.

The staff though were the real gem of this place - they made us feel more than welcome, shared tips of the best places to grab a bite to eat (Dulce Mar - best fajitas ever!), a nice walking route into town, and even dropped us off at the ferry so we didn't have to walk with our luggage (although, it would have only been a short 10 minute walk).

It's a great option if you want to explore that side of the island - they can plan just about anything for you - hikes, tours, transportation. They can do it all - giving you more time to enjoy this amazing island! Totally worth staying here as part of your adventure on Ometepe.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Nice budget accommodation close to Moyogalpa ferry terminal. Very friendly and helpful owner who assisted us with recommendations and arranging transfers. Convenient honour system for drinks and snacks in late hours. Nice common are with plenty of books, some toys. The pool looks lovely but we couldn't use it as we stayed there just one night. Rooms simple and functional. Good breakfast, and amazing smoothies as everywhere in Nicaragua.
Only disappointment was with the bathroom. Very low water pressure, and no hot water. Shower was in poor condition leading to a lot of water going astray and flooding the non-bath area. After trekking/ walking around all day, a good shower and a nice bathroom make a huge difference.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
SomaMoyogalpa, Owner at Hospedaje Soma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you, Paromita, for your kind review of Hospedaje Soma and thank you for telling us when you checked out about the problems you had with the shower. We 100% agree with you that good showers and decent bathrooms are very important in a hotel room. Because of this, we acted on your comment as quickly as possible. You checked out on December 25 and we had a new shower head purchased and installed on December 26. It turned out that the holes on the shower head were clogged causing the low pressure problems as well as the spraying problems. These problems are now a thing of the past in the room you stayed in. We don't always notice things our guests do in the rooms, so we always appreciate comments made during a stay that will help us improve our facilities.
For guests wanting hot water during their stay at Soma, our two cabins have solar hot water showers, but none of the other rooms do (including the room you stayed in), although we intend to install a second solar hot water heater for the queen rooms later this year.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Nicaragua.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Let me start by saying Javier is THE DUDE! He was absolutely amazing! There was nothing that I asked for that he didn't do for me! Horseback riding, private driver, hot shower, food (btw he happily accepts donations of leftovers). I stayed in their dorm room (7 beds) which had really big lockers, personal lights, multiple fans, and enough outlets. The showers are coldish but if you ask nicely (with pizza) Javier can hook you up with an alternative. The entire staff really went out of their way to make me feel at home! The owners were great, and even drove me to the port so I didn't miss the ferry when the taxi driver was late. The hotel is beautiful! It is one of the cleanest places I have stayed in Nicaragua. The wifi worked great! The free breakfast was amazing! There are several different options to pick from and everything I tried was amazing! I only wish they served lunch and dinner! I really really enjoyed my time here and have since recommended it to several other travelers. I would happily go back and stay again!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Hopadaje Some for 4 nights at the end of October. We have a large cabin to ourselves with our own bathroom, including hot showers. The cabin had an option for AC and we took it for an extra $10/ night. The cabin was roomy, clean, private and we had our own balcony with hammock.
Every morning we had a tasty breakfast that was included and the coffee was great.
It is located a 15 minute walk from the ferry terminal so no taxis were needed.
The owners Michelle, Terry and Sarah were so friendly and welcoming. They werebeyond helpful with making plans and helping us organize what to do.
The only thing that would make the resort better is a pool. Which is being constructed and was almost finished when we left. What a perfect addition that will be.
I highly recommend Hospadage Soma!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family