“Dirty, unfriendly staff and not worth Your money”
Review of Little Morgan's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Little Morgan's
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Super dirty rooms . Expensive rooms and super unfriendly staff . I had to take a "semi private" room because the hostel was full . I paid 20 dollars and tot a night without Any sleep, dirty bed full with bugs . The musquito net was all damaged so all the bugs came in my tent ( especially spiders) the staff did not feel sorry and Said i was wrong and complaining About a room in the jungle with bugs ( for 10 dollars fine but 20 !!!) the staff was drunk ALL DAY and even lost Some passports of hostel guests. Totally not worth it. There are so many better ( Cheaper) hostels . I also tot bedbugs on my arms

Room Tip: Do not take a semi private
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Anoek K

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room at this hostel and the private accommodations were incredibly gross. The open windows blowing in leaves and bugs were fine and expected, but our room had blood smeared on the wall and used dental flossers under a layer of dirt and dead bugs. There were also 2 wasps nests above the bed. When we asked if someone could do something about the wasps we got eye rolls from the staff and were told they could do nothing. We were told we could pay more for a different room if we had a problem with the nests. Someone did come to wipe the blood off the wall with a wet rag though... Also, the food seemed expensive for what you were getting. Our friend that was traveling with us got a burger and the ground beef was completely red and raw. The staff didn't offer him a new one. He was so hungry he was actually considering eating the raw meat! The staff then couldn't find someone who had ordered a burrito so they offered him the unclaimed meal.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 28 July 2016

They don't take reservations so I wasn't able to stay there the first night that I was in Ometepe. The next morning I was there right at 11am to get a room and I found that they do fill up quickly!

This hostel was pretty much hands down the best experience of my entire trip in Central America. I met some of the best people ever. Be prepared to drink because this is the party hostel of the island.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Had a horrible time at little Morgan's. The owner was creepy as s%+#, hassling all the women in my group. He was definitely high on something else. Aside from this the staff are on their last leg of youthfulness, and are making up for it by trying to drink you under the table. As a result of this several bills wear horribly incorrect the next day. Apparently math is hard. Really and truly do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank J H
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Set off the road just off the lake this place has a bit of a magical vibe in terms of the lush vegetation and swarms of beautiful butterflies and birds fluttering around. Add in dogs, cats, pigs, chickens and ducks and it's an animal lovers heaven. Food was good, a little expensive but probably expected on a little island. The rooms were extremely basic and kind of open so leaves and bugs and stuff got in, but if you like being at one with nature you'll like it! It was a bit too party-orientated for us but that's the only negative!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Hostal Tecali
#2 of 8 in Santa Cruz
6.3 km away
La Omaja Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Little Morgan's? Share your experiences!