El Zopilote(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$18
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Hostal Tecali(Santa Cruz)
Camping Lodge(Santa Cruz)
TripAdvisor
The Hiker Inn(Santa Cruz)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily dinnercentral americahave a good timetree housedown to earthprivate casitafree coffeewatch the sunsetoutdoor showermain areacool placehorse ridingconception volcanodorm roomread a bookpartydrinking
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Throughout my 2 month stay in Nicaragua I spent over 2 weeks at Little Morgan's. I stayed in a range of accommodations from their dorms to a private casita. The dorm rooms were clean and provided a lock box within the room for your stuff. The casitas were a dream with your own semi outdoor bathroom and shower attached. And had the perfect porch to set up my friend's hammock. One of the dorm room accommodations I stayed in had its own outdoor shower and toilet so you didn't have to walk far to use the central showers. The staff were always super helpful and can help you plan trips for a range of different activities. The meals they provide was some of the best food I had while in Nicaragua. I loved their family style dinners you can sign up for and they give good vegetarian options! The owner Morgan is so friendly and open to chatting or helping with any questions you have. I got much needed laundry services at a fair price and they came back clean.

Overall, it was hands down one of the most magical places. Be mindful that you're in the jungle in treehouse style accommodations. There are bugs and dirt. There is drinking and an active nightlife. You can get accommodations far enough away from the main area so the music doesn't bother you. And there is no wifi (but you can go up the street to grab some really easily) you have to actually talk to the people around you. That is what makes this place so wonderful. If 5 star hotels with A/C and wifi is your thing don't come here you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for an authentic, unplugged, jungle living experience you will make some of your best memories here. Little Morgan's I love you.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

It's hard to put how I feel about Little Morgan's into words. I guess I'll start with that fact that it is my favorite hostel I've even been to.

My friend and I were told by many travelers on the road that it was a can't miss spot. We got to the island and rented a couple motorbikes and set out to find this diamond in the rough. This little gem is nestled in the woods and took a couple passes by to find. Once we arrived we were treated like family from the first moment. Ty and Mika gave us the run down. They only have a few simple rules. Be nice to people, be even nicer to the animals, and for god sakes don't drink with your right hand!

The accommodations are great for being in the middle of the woods. Understand you are coming here to get away. There's no wifi because you don't need it, you are going to connect with some amazing people. The food is delicious. The drinks are flowing if you want them. You can choose to be in a communal area or off in your own little room far away from the fiesta. To each his own!

Speaking of which, the nightlife was my favorite in all of Central America. After one of the hardest hikes of my life (Concepcion) about 15 of us took on the Little Morgan's Challenge. It was a hell of a challenge. I'm glad I have pictures to remember it all.

By the end of the night the staff were family and my new friends would last a lifetime. The community they foster seriously turns strangers into lifelong friends. After 3 nights there I'd welcome any of the amazing people I met there to stay with me any time in New York.

Bottom line is that if you go into this knowing what to expect, you are going to have the time of your life. If you want luxury, you probably shouldn't be in Nicaragua at all. This down to earth spot is a can't miss for any backpacker, solo or group.

Just writing this makes me want to book a flight. Never change, Little Morgan's!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I had one of the best hostel experience of my life at Morgan's. The food was delicious and the portions were enormous (my friend and I shared every meal we had). The staff was incredibly helpfull and friendly. Ometepe is an island surrounded by fresh water, its the tropics, of course there will have mosquitos. If you are looking for a really clean and calm place, don't do hostels, Hotels exist for these reasons.
Overall great experience, would go back without a doubt.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2017

As soon as my group got there, we were greeted by extremely friendly staff, and guests, not to mention a bunch of adorable animals. The accommodations were amazing as well, we had our own space with a private outdoor shower. The tree house was great too, amazing sunset view, and places to hang our hammocks. The price was great for what we got. The staff were amazing, even checking in on me when I was feeling sick. If you are looking for a great nightlife as well, look no further because its something I wont forget. Try the little morgans drinking challenge too if you can haha.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

After hiking for miles with heavy rucksacks we were delighted to finally find somewhere with a room. This excitement was short lived. The staff were all having good time but were inebriated in the middle of the day, and the sheer amount of animals kept right beside the guest dining area leads to the filth that the place is covered in. You also get asked to fill in at check in if you are single or not which brought me back to being 15 at a traffic light bar! Extremely dirty and bug infested. Someone had pissed the bed in our dorm room and in two hours we were waiting around it was getting smellier and smellier to the point it was unbearable even though the staff knew about it and left the mattress in the room. We found a really nice clean place half the price 2 minutes walk up the road called hostel Maria - take the extra two minutes and go somewhere clean if you are so inclined.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends