“Phenomenal steak dinner in the Cook Islands”

Alberto's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Alberto's was a great meal to end off an amazing week at the Cook Islands. We figured we would enjoy and have one last hurrah before our flight, and Alberto's did not disappoint.

Fortunately, we were early enough to get a table. Highly recommend calling in a reservation so as to not be disappointed, as they were pretty packed by the time we left!

We had the $36 ribeye special (at time of visit) which included garlic bread (2 pieces per person), salad bar, approx 10-12oz ribeye plate with baked potato and the daily special dessert. All were excellent, albeit overcooked slightly more than we would expect (saw some brown in my medium rare, consider dropping it down one if you like the pink). The smoothie $7 was top notch as well, comparable with the best we had on the island.

Overall we felt the value was tremendous for what we received, service was great, it is a romantic setting and we left very full. We will certainly make it a priority to visit Alberto's on our next trip!

Please kindly indicate if you found this review to be helpful, as it will help me focus on my future review efforts!

1  Thank jjluke

Reviewed 13 February 2017

My husband and I decided to go for dinner on the spur of the moment and I felt like steak so we popped to Alberto's hoping that they had a table, and lucky us, they did! I have had dinner there many times and it is one of my favorite places to go on the island however they really outdid themselves this time.

My husband ordered the Squid rings as a starter and then had the Chicken Curry for his main. Both were outstanding. I had the Coconut Prawns as a starter and the Rib-eye steak for the main. The steak came with a choice of veggies or salad, fries or baked potato. They also have a salad bar available that is wonderful. Service was very pleasant and efficient.

Drinks came promptly, I had the house Pinot Noir and my hubby had a Classic Steinlager. The steak came out perfectly done, seasoned perfectly and I felt like I'd gone to heaven! Thank you to the staff at Albertos for a wonderful meal and a great night. It was very much appreciated!

2  Thank MsVancouver
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

As a steak lover I was super excited to be having a good steak meal - understatement! It was awesome The serving was just right for me but my partner reckons a bit more steak would've sealed the deal for him lol! Would eat there again for shore ✔️✔️

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Thought I'd first go through the existing reviews to see if there was a trend and I see there is, They do NOT like dealing with large groups.
Considering our bill was $1k, you would think they would be more accomodating.
With regards to my meal, I actually enjoyed my steak and have no problems with that side of the experience, and if I was just with wife n kids, I would return, but would not as part of a group.
The main issue was moving tables so the group could sit together, and I'm not talking about the individual little tables and chairs inside, I'm referring to the 3 large bbq tables out on the front lawn, the tables with seating attached, and upon returning them to their original location, which we did but have never done before at any other eating establishment, being told that we have to move them another couple of inches to where the indentation is in the ground, if there was no marking in the grass where it was previously, there is no way you would tell it wasn't in the same place when considering it was a table in the middle of a lawn. Then told we have to take the bill and work it out ourselves, but there was no one else in the restaurant we would be holding up at the cashier, I thought was not good at all. We seemed to be more of an inconvience as opposed to a good healthy income for the night which was pretty empty that particular night

1  Thank spotcha
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We went to Alberto's twice during our stay in the cook islands. My husband loves his steak and this was the best steak he has had in ages. I had a pasta dish and a pork dish both were delicious. Very big helpings and you will not leave hungry. The service was excellent and the staff were friendly. A great atmosphere. I would recommend that you visit.