“INCREDIBLE Island Nights at Oceans in the Crown Beach Resort”

Oceans Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Polynesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oceans Restaurant & Bar is located on the waterfront with indoor and beach dining under a billion stars and sand between your toes. Sunsets guaranteed daily. Daily triple happy hours three times per day where you 'buy one, get one free'. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including hugely popular theme nights including Island Feast & Cultural Show on Mon + Thu, Steak & BBQ Ribs & Salad Buffet on Fri. Beautiful setting. Gracious Polynesian service.
Reviewed 12 September 2018

The award for best service and hospitality during the week would definitely go to the Oceans Restaurant at the Crown Beach Resort in Rarotonga. Their Island Night was truly world class. At $55 per person you are treated to dinner, dessert and an authentic cultural show by the Akirata Dance Team. Dinner music and commentary provided by Harry & Tina was top-notch, world-class, funny yet professional. Our MC was goofy, funny, entertaining and very hospitable. He involved the crowd in coming up to the stage to do various dances and activities. Several times during the evening, the serving staff asked if everything was in order. We shared a $30 fishbowl which is great value and recommended as it is basically three drinks for the price of two. Dinner and dessert was very good, many choices of items available and good flavors. The dancing was also quite good, probably not up to Vegas standards but nonetheless very entertaining. You also have an opportunity to take pictures with the crew after. Everything was top notch. For $70 per person total with drinks, we felt it was a great deal considering the other independent shows in Rarotonga cost more and I don’t see how they offer much better.

HINT: I suggest you make reservations ASAP, even before arriving. I emailed the resort two weeks prior to arrival and managed to score a front-row private table. However, being up front comes at a price – you might have to participate!!! Also if you make it early enough around 6pm, you might be able to catch a beautiful sunset on the beach!

Please kindly indicate if you found this review to be helpful, as it will help me focus on my future review efforts! Safe travels!!

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank jjluke

Reviewed 31 August 2018

They say you should 'eat local' when you travel. While that's usually true, it's hard to go past the excellent food you find at Oceans. Some of it does have a local flavour, especially on sea food night.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We booked a table with sunset view and being set right at the edge of the restaurant did not disappoint. The service was very slow, but otherwise a lovely evening

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The nicest restaurant we found on the Island. Beautiful decor, good staff, food and is positioned right on the beach.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We wandered to Oceans from Edgewater, to be fair with quite high expectations given the quality of this resort. How wrong I was!
There were only a couple of tables occupied in the actual restaurant and one guy sitting outside having a drink. We chose to sit outside and were told to take a seat and they would bring menus to us. After half an hour we went back inside and asked for menus and for someone to take a drinks order. We had to do this twice. Eventually our drink orders were taken and arrived and our meal orders were taken. AND we waited, waited and waited. Then two meals arrived with a comment that she would get us some cutlery. We watched from afar as the staff wandered around i the restaurant doing not much. Eventually another meal arrived and again the waitress commented that she would bring us cutlery. I commented that that would be really good as our meals were getting cold. Off she went, but again, no cutlery arrived. Eventually, a good 10 minutes after the first meals came out, she delivered the last meals - still no cutlery. Another 5 minutes passed and I had just got on my feet to get cutlery when she brought it through. It was the most shocking service I encountered during my stay. I had no complaints about my meal, other than it was cold when I got to eat it. My daughter and grandson shared a pizza - it was huge, but absolutely smothered in a cheddar type cheese - solid and oily. Very disappointing experience.

Date of visit: July 2018