“Great Food, Service and Staff”

The Anchorage Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Breakfast Daily along with a couple lunches and 4 dinners. All were of excellent quality and presentation. Bar does great local drinks too !!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Good menu range.......... Great food.......... Friendly staff.......... Nice decor.......... Reasonable price.........Only restaurant to place glasses of water on table and kept them full.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This restaurant is located at the Sunset Resort. The setting for the restaurant is beautiful. Surrounded by nice tropical landscaping and the resort pool off to one end.
We have been coming to Rarotonga for 15 years and had not tried this eatery. The prices for mains were a few dollars more than other places we have eaten. I would say the average was around $30.00 rather than most where we eat run the 25-26 dollar range.
We started with a drink and garlic pesto cheese bread. Excellent. Really nicely done. I would make sure to try it.
For the mains the partner had steak and I had Seafood fettucine. Apparently the steak was ok but would not order again. My fettucine I can only describe it as fettucine sitting in chicken stock. The sauce had the consistency and taste of chicken stock. I was calling it chicken noodle soup. I was hugely disappointed. We’ve had some amazing pasta on the island but this was a total miss.
Another issue I had was this is an open air restaurant surrounded by tropical grounds. The mossys were biting my ankles constantly. They need to put the mossy coils around to repel them. Most restaurants do.

1  Thank holidayfuncalgary
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I get it that you get a show with your meal, and it was an OK show, but $44 for that style of buffet is quite a lot. Tried, did not like it, did not return

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Staff is very friendly. Excellent Service! Loved the oyster and tuna. Fish of the day was also a good choice! The red wine from New Zealand is a great choice to complement the meal!