“FANTASTIC !”
Review of Wine & Brine

Wine & Brine
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Moira
Reviewed 2 May 2017

What an unexpected find just a few doors down from our guest house! This is the best restaurant we have eaten in for a long time. I only wish it was in my home town. The place was busy even on a Tuesday night (we soon found out why). We were made very welcome. The staff are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The menu is extensive and produce mostly local (including foraged wild garlic) and prices reasonable (especially when compared to London and the South East).
We tried the organic chicken and the slow cooked pork, finished off with apple pie with whiskey cream. Everything was delicious.
We immediately booked for the following night and joined the list of "regulars". I wanted to try as many things as possible. So, we ordered chargrilled scallop and spiced chickpeas with squid and prawn, followed by roast hake, fishcake with crab and several sides like super crispy chips, buttery carrots and crisp green veg. I had left space for the rhubarb crumble souffle. Probably the best dessert ever.
I only wish we had been staying longer in Moira as there were more tempting items on the menu and I understand there is a very reasonable lunch menu which changes weekly. Can't wait for our next trip!

3  Thank globetrotter51_10

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We visited this restaurant last month - and ordered two well done steaks - we received two chargrilled blackened steaks that for the most we could not eat given their texture - in fact the waitress said the chef - noted the owner didn't seem to be behind the kitchen that evening but no excuse given the price - had given us extra steak pieces !!probably because it had been cooked within an inch of it's original form - anyway not impressed at £29 a head and side portions extra which actually served to fill us up as was hungry after a day's work ....... they need to learn how to cook well done steaks without charcoaling them as have never had any issues in other establishments with a well done steak....

4  Thank Rob039
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We had a voucher and decided to use it for a family Sunday lunch. Having heard many rave reviews from friends about this restaurant, I have to say that I was very underwhelmed by the decor upon entering, just a big long room and with a "canteen" feel about it. I had expected it to be way fancier. Because there are so few soft furnishings to absorb the noise, we found it hard to hear one another's conversation during the meal. This is definitely something that management needs to address in my opinion.
However, our food did not disappoint and for £25 for three courses, it is very good value. We did have to ask our server about several dishes as the menu is sparse on detail but everything was beautifully cooked and wonderfully presented. Our waitresses were attentive and friendly.
I would give this restaurant another try, maybe for a midweek lunch.

1  Thank DebsB
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

My sister and I took our elderly mother for a birthday lunch on a Sunday. The staff were so pleasant and helpful despite being busy- mum is a wheelchair user and was easily accommodated. The food was equally memorable. Beautifully presented and just delicious. Best I've had in a long time: food, service and value for money.

2  Thank Anna130367
Reviewed 26 April 2017

The food in this restaraunt is excellent and the services is second to none. Some might think it expensive but cost is in line with this standard of cuisine. For us the value for money disappeared with the atmosphere in which we were expected to dine. The place was not conducive to conversation with you dinner guest and tables were so crowded together there was little privacy. Loved the food but the atmosphere destroyed a very special evening, my wife's birthday.

1  Thank Baldyontour